A Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leaders and Control Westeros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Surya Pasupuleti
United States
California
flag msg tools
Me and my friends weren't sure whether triggering a leader would give you the +2 bonus if you were attacking a city or a stronghold when Control Westeros is in play so thought I'd ask here.

In addition, does triggering Stannis with a +1 March order actually give you +1, I think not and you have to choose one or the other but the guy who played Baratheon last time said both should work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you trigger a leader you discard the order placed on the area - that is your raid, consolidate or march order is discarded without being used. Then you turn around your leader and find a new march order on him/her to use.

This means that a) you still march and still get the bonus from Control Westeros and b) since you discard your initial march order Stannis will not get an additional bonus. But the same goes if you use the minus 1 march order. So even though Stannis will not give you the benefit of moving before (raid) or after (consolidate) the normal march orders, he will effectively give you an extra +1 order instead of one of your weeker ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mads is perfectly right there.

The order you use for triggering a leader is discarded so it doesnt matter which one it actually is, star order or regular one, you always discard it to gain all the benefits of triggering a leader but you're done with that order.

The raid+1 cannot trigger a leader AND raid a nearby area for instance.

So that leads to some thinking where exactly you place which order such as you will most likely play your march-1 on Stannis starting location as it will be turned into Stannis marching at a strength of 2 anyways and you'll rather put your march+1 on some lone troops which may or may not be reached by Stannis during the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
It almost always makes sense to put the march -1 on Stannis, but don't forget if a battle occurs as a result of the leader's activation, that leader has to go to the battle... so be careful, there may be times when you would rather Stannis go elsewhere, or stay safely behind the lines. Losing Stannis hurts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.