Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Gaete
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much does it take to play this game? And if it is to long, is there any way (i am thinking less players, or a clock or anything) to make it shorter (like two hours max).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Faehnle
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too long for you.

In order for the alliances and treachery to really develop well, you wouldn't want to shorten the game any. I've only got one play under my belt, and it lasted about 6 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But it can be much, much shorter. One of the biggest problems with Dune is that it can run for an hour and a half, or it can run for 6 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
But it can be much, much shorter. One of the biggest problems with Dune is that it can run for an hour and a half, or it can run for 6 hours.

I certainly wouldn't call this a problem, but it is a true statement. Everyone should be aware of this before starting play.

Dune lasts 1-15 turns and I've had games last anywhere from 2-15. It's difficult to put a time frame on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience of Dune is the same: I've played game with 6 that lasted 3-4 turns and others with 5 that lasted 10 turns. Between 2 and 5 hours. Expect that from the game and you'll truly enjoy because it's a gem and a must to experience at least once in one's gaming life (and ideally lots more!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Vaca
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to set aside the day to play and get two games in if we can. If the first game runs long, then we just play one.

This isn't a light little Euro that can be squeezed down into an hour or two. It's an event that is fully worth the time you invest in it - and unlike some of the longer Euros, you won't be playing 'solo' for 2-3 hours. Dune is a highly interactive game that has plenty of negotiations, debates, cheers and laughs along the way. Played with a good group, it's the best game you'll ever play.

Here's some timeframe data from the games I've played...

http://www.starbasejeff.com/dune_stats_time.asp#table1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua O'Connor
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One Fat Pug wrote:

Here's some timeframe data from the games I've played...

http://www.starbasejeff.com/dune_stats_time.asp#table1

Is that an average playing time of 3h29m?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.