Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So was wondering if anyone had any news on the release of the game? I think the web site mentioned November? But I seem to remember that being up for awhile, so is it this November (2009)?

Also does anyone have a notion on the rules (like a preview or article from somewhere) for this system? I am curious how this might end up releasing in compairison to Battlefleet Gothic? I know it's early for these questions, but maybe folks might have an idea. The Uncharted Seas seems to be going over well. I'm hoping to pick up a Megapack at some point soon.

Just early wondering & chatting!

good gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carlson
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local game group is on this game like white on rice. It has been played every week for the past 3 or 4 weeks, and everyone is having a great time.

The game plays quickly but has some nice tactical depth and beautiful models to boot.

It is most definitely a fistfull of dice game, but it does not feel overly lucky since there are benefits to manuvering, fire-arcs, fighter cover, fleet point defense, and more.

I'd definitely check it out if you're interested, the game is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jhonna Niver
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a demo at Mag-Con (WWW.MAG-CON.COM) in Kingwood (Houston) last weekend. Our FLGS (plug Little Wars on Kuykendahl) is having a launch party on January 2!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wakelin
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've got a detailed audio review up on our podcast.

Here's a link:
http://www.thed6generation.com/index.php?post_id=563398

The discussion starts at the 2 hr 23 min mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
modestStill wondering if this is as good as battlefleet gothic?
cheaper sure,simpler sure but Im not over impressed with the space ships and I like the complexity of gothic. I will play some more and decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI all,
Had a chance to assemble my components etc and had a game this afternoon. These are my initial comments {early days}.Just for the record I am a fan of battlefeet gothic and silent death.

The rules are quite intuitive and you will soon only need the ship reference sheets and quickplay sheets.

The battles appear to be short and bloody even in comparison to silent death.

The fleets seem to be evenly balanced having only subtle differences.

The rule book is not nearly as daunting as it may seem with many examples and lots of back ground.

I take back what I said previously and think the ships look quite cool although not up to GW standards but then they are a lot cheaper. A starter fleet for about the price of a GW plastic tank.

Get loads of dice, its very dice heavy. Mind you its great throwing loads of dice and scoring loads of hits.

I did find the counters to be printed on quite thin laminate card making them a little flimsy.

Final comments. I will be investing in at least a couple of starter fleets and can see myself playing this quite a lot.And of course the beauty of all space combat tabletop game is you dont need loads of scenery he he.

All in all pretty positive could be a goody as long as they dont drown it in advanced rules etc.
Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karrde
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone played this further?

Heard about this today and really curious. I own BFG and one very large Ork fleet but never really played it much. Only yesterday I was considering spending out for another fleet for BFG.

But if this beats it as a game and is less to buy for and play I keen to have a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Lewis
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played & demoed BFG for a long time. I think I am liking FSA more than a bit better for the money, and for no hassle play. Also it means I dont have to try and replace special order dice every other year. Plus I think Spartan is going to keep supporting it for a long time to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.