Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jud Cohan
United States
Duarte
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have sworn that somewhere in the rules, it specifically says that pirate cities cannot be destroyed by earthquakes and floods, but when I played recently, I couldn't find any such reference. For that matter, can barbarians be destroyed by floods? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, the Pirates and Barbarians are immune to all calamaties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Danila
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirate Cities & Calamities
Rule 30.5235 ... Barbarians do not increase their population and may not be selected as secondary victims of calamities.

Rule 30.013 Pirate cities do not require city support, and remain on the board until attacked and destroyed. ,,,

Although the rules under Piracy do not specifically state that the pirates cannot be targeted by calamities I think a thorough reading of the rules for calamities will leave you with the distinct feeling that victims are other players. For example in the Flood rules the secondary victim might be able to choose which units are removed. If the pirates were able to be targeted who would decide?

There is similar language in the rules for earthquake. It has become my belief from reading the rules for calamities that the term victim only refers to other "players".

Just found this in another post...
29.65 reads "Barbarian tokens and Pirate cities are never affected by calamities."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.