Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that in the United States we protect anyone and everyone who has been hurt by this economic slowdown. Among the groups petitioning Congress to cover their asses are --

* those who were ripped-off by Bernie Madoff. Look, if you rich enough to invest tens of millions of dollars, you should use part of that cash to investigate who you are dealing with.

* those two paragons of American culture: "Hustler" and its dirtbag published, Larry Flynt; and the makers of "Girls Gone Wild". It seems that producing the worst filth imaginable makes them eligible for public money.

If these are not fit targets for Chit Chat (and not RSP), then I don't know what is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
All of this bailout crap makes me sick to my stomach.

IT'S CAPITALISM!!!!!

That means you leave the businesses to their own devices during the good and bad times.

More apt we're actually a credit nation. Buy a smoother recession now by leveraging it against over a trillion dollars in future tax revenue. We don't want to actually deal with the consequences of our decisions, so F the grand kids! Gimme money now!!!

I want lol-logos. New logos for all these friggin company that all say: I can haz bailout?

And these bastards running these corporations want nothing to do with the government when they're raking money in hand over fist. But let that balance sheet dip a bit and they're begging to suck from the government teat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I want a bail-out too! I'm so broke I had to cancel my subscription to Hustler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Tripp Gone Wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's time for baseball, people! Pitchers and catchers report soon and the national pastime is with us again!
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
All of this bailout crap makes me sick to my stomach.

IT'S CAPITALISM!!!!!

That means you leave the businesses to their own devices during the good and bad times.

Not sure what country you're living in, Fuze, but it sure ain't the ol' U.S. of A. Not unless you've entered a time machine back to the 1920's and are getting ready to vote for Calvin Coolidge as your President.

I ain't sayin' it's good and I ain't sayin' it's bad. All I'm sayin' is what you're describing ain't been the case for a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One vote for no bailouts. One vote for opposed previous bailouts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Osiris Ra wrote:
* those two paragons of American culture: "Hustler" and its dirtbag published, Larry Flynt; and the makers of "Girls Gone Wild". It seems that producing the worst filth imaginable makes them eligible for public money.

Perhaps you should read their 'bailout request' a little more closely... I think you might be taking it a little more seriously than they intend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Osiris Ra wrote:
It seems that producing the worst filth imaginable makes them eligible for public money
I can understand why you would be offended, but I must say that you have no imagination...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it makes you feel better, all that cash will go to the company CEOs and their investors. Don't worry. Lots of hard-working low and middle wage earners will still lose their livlihoods. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

I know how you feel... I had to cancel my subscription to National Geographic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
and I cancelled my subscription to 'sprout conniseur weekly'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unreassuring quote of the day.

“We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before, and it does not work... I say after eight years of this administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started -- and an enormous debt to boot."

- Henry Morgenthau (FDR's Treasury Secretary)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.