Popular Tags: [View All]
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Trenloe seemed a bit, well, strong in the game we played with him. With both a good starting melee skill, 2 points of melee damage, and a special ability that gives him lots of extra levels, the odds seem a little too much in his favor. (Okay, I don't think he won, but that was because of bad luck when drawing red adventure cards.)

Did Trenloe seem too good just because we played with three point levels? A one point discount from three is certainly better than the same discount from four. Or is he too powerful with four point levels, as well?

And if so, do you have a simple suggestion for balancing him with the rest of the characters? Maybe take an exhaustion or a life when using his special ability? Start him with a debt of one level? Any other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just noticed a suggestion by Mike Daneman in the message board for the base game:
Quote:
A more reasonable version of him would be to let him take one extra experience point for every 4 he collects. This still gives him an advantage, but it's the same advantage independent of the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
For Mike's idea, we'd need to keep the bonus experience points separate from the ones gained from challenges. (Otherwise you could end up taking bonus experience for your bonus experience, which would be silly.) Maybe we could use a doom counter for the bonus point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My gang tried various 'fixes' (because, yes, the character is far too good as printed) and settled on having the bonus only apply to fatigue and health/heart experience counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.