Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Your favourite Bushism? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Parker
United Kingdom
London (west)
flag msg tools
badge
Tat Tvam Asi
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok his time is up, so what will Dubya be remembered for? well his Bushisms for one. Which is your favourite?

Here's a couple to get going.

"I want to thank my friend, Senator Bill Frist, for joining us today. He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."


"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."




See also: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7809160.stm
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has to be this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/370250

Bush's use of a search field is unparalleled.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Before this gets moved to RSP...

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ....um ... won't get fooled again."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
for me, it must be:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Although I doubt it's a Bushism
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite will be his exit from the White House later this month!

I have been embarrassed 8 years by/for him!!

Graceful exit please!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"..is our children learning?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the website Bushorchimp cracks me up every time!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Move it NOW, please.

This doesn't belong here. I came to read Chit Chat stuff because I was tired of the anti-Bush vitriol at RSP.

Please, please, please Octavian (or whomever else is responsible for moving threads), get this out of here.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
Move it NOW, please.

This doesn't belong here. I came to read Chit Chat stuff because I was tired of the anti-Bush vitriol at RSP.

Please, please, please Octavian (or whomever else is responsible for moving threads), get this out of here.

Regardless of whether or not this should be moved, you do have the option of not reading a thread.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
Move it NOW, please.

This doesn't belong here. I came to read Chit Chat stuff because I was tired of the anti-Bush vitriol at RSP.

Please, please, please Octavian (or whomever else is responsible for moving threads), get this out of here.

Regardless of whether or not this should be moved, you do have the option of not reading a thread.


Yes, I understand that and I know that. But I call strawman on that.

Regardless of whether I can choose not to participate in "something" or not, doesn't necessarily mean that that "something" is in its proper place.

In other words, my lack of participation does not validate its location as proper.

This belongs in RSP. At this point in our current President's 8-year tenure, it matters not what he says or does. Our current President elect has already seen to it that his "Office of President Elect" billboard gets more coverage than anything Bush says or does. But that isn't the point. The point is, this thread is making reference (and mocking, whether deserved or not) a current political figure, and therefore is inappropriate for Chit Chat. Chit Chat is for bacon, submarines, and other such silliness. Bushisms and the Office of the President Elect is for RSP. I like the separation - it should remain as such.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I never liked Bush, but I agree wholeheartedely with Chris. This does belong in RSP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
Progmode wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
Move it NOW, please.

This doesn't belong here. I came to read Chit Chat stuff because I was tired of the anti-Bush vitriol at RSP.

Please, please, please Octavian (or whomever else is responsible for moving threads), get this out of here.

Regardless of whether or not this should be moved, you do have the option of not reading a thread.


Yes, I understand that and I know that. But I call strawman on that.

Regardless of whether I can choose not to participate in "something" or not, doesn't necessarily mean that that "something" is in its proper place.

In other words, my lack of participation does not validate its location as proper.

This belongs in RSP. At this point in our current President's 8-year tenure, it matters not what he says or does. Our current President elect has already seen to it that his "Office of President Elect" billboard gets more coverage than anything Bush says or does. But that isn't the point. The point is, this thread is making reference (and mocking, whether deserved or not) a current political figure, and therefore is inappropriate for Chit Chat. Chit Chat is for bacon, submarines, and other such silliness. Bushisms and the Office of the President Elect is for RSP. I like the separation - it should remain as such.

I don't disagree with you regarding where this thread should be, but there are better ways of getting a thread moved if you feel it is out of place. For example, contact an admin via geekmail. They'll review it and take action if they deem it necessary.

Coming in and posting demands does nothing for your cause, and only gives a jerk like me cause to step in and be a smartass.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuck RSP, Bush's inane comments over the course of his 8-year reign are hilarious outside of any political motivations. Just the same way that Clinton's were. And any president before either of them. Get a frigging grip. I don't bother with RSP, and I want access to more hilarious Bushisms, so keep this damned thread right where it is. If you think that it will somehow descend into a religious flamewar, then seriously: Don't contribute to it, and it won't.

Just because it's so easy to find asinine statements by George W. Bush to laugh about is no reason to feel that it's the GOP's fault. Or the fault of the people who repeatedly voted for him. It's the fault of the man issuing the statements, and as a public figure of some renown, it's well within the purview of Chit Chat to make light of them.

All that said, here's my favorite Clintonism to shut up those who are well aware that I think the GOP is Satan's favorite hand tool:

“I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts.” -- Bill Clinton
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
Coming in and posting demands...


I said "please" three times. Doesn't that make it more of a request than a demand?

And I don't think you are a jackass at all. You have your opinion, and that is fine. My only comment was "this thread is discussing (mocking) a political figure, and I think it is more appropriate for RSP." That's all.

I will contact Octavian directly and ask him to move it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The whim of a hat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
7 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vedantin wrote:
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."


That one's my fave. It's like picking your favorite Beatles song though - they're all so good!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Pike
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why move the thread? It's not about politics per se.

And, I'm saying that as someone always did (and still does) like Bush a lot. (Even though I strongly disagree with a lot of what he did/did not do as President, but probably for the opposite reasons a lot of Bush-bashers would.)

Anyway, even as a Bush supporter, I have to admit that I can't get enough of those "Bushisms". Whatever history decides about his performance as President, he will be remembered as perhaps the most amusing (and goofiest) President we've ever had.

Even Yogi Berra can't hold a candle to some of the stuff George "The Decider" came up with.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:


I hope you washed your hands when you were done!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
lelandpike wrote:
Why move the thread? It's not about politics per se.



Because I'm going to be playing Rock Band and eating candied bacon ice cream when the thread inevitably turns.


One of my favorite Bushisms was alluded to above, but I find funnier with the first part which had been omitted:

"Rarely is the question asked, 'is our children learning?'."

Too true, George. Too true.

-MMM



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we all knew this thread would wind up here, and now I can reveal my "not fit for Chit Chat" Bushism:

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Ha ha ha!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

Because I'm going to be playing Rock Band and eating candied bacon ice cream when the thread inevitably turns.


Oh! That sounds yummy. Where can I get some?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
Octavian wrote:

Because I'm going to be playing Rock Band and eating candied bacon ice cream when the thread inevitably turns.


Oh! That sounds yummy. Where can I get some?


I believe you can get the prechewed version at Octavian's feet about 10 minutes after he finishes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
"Bin Laden Determined to Strike in the US"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please quote your legitimate sources so I can skip the 9/10ths of them that are made up and get right to the good stuff. Even if 1/10th of them are correct quotations, it's still pretty sad, eh? I know it's not the VERY most important attribute of a POTUS, but come on man, spend $250 on a public speaking seminar or something before you start touring later this year.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.