Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preamble Rant:

I am a big dice fan, and I love luck based games so I understand I have days where the luck is just not there for me, or more to the point I am having really bad luck, or maybe it is just others are having to much luck at my expense?

Anyways we played Settlers and I got destroyed, but I was rolling everyone elses #'s, I went 2.5 times around with out getting any new cards , it was brutal in a way, but I had no real problem with it. Then we played Kingdoms and I got all average tiles and my friends got all good tiles, so I got destroyed again.

Session Report:

So mow we are on to a light game of Gubs. We are just getting started and I am getting really good cards, I am excited for this, I build up a lot of really good cards, I am really excited, then my friend Mike plays Lightning on me and lose all my cards, yea, so then you are stuck for a while with so few cards there is very little you can do. I slowly build my hand back up and start to kinda come back in the game it seems to be back on track for me. I know have a good size hand and the Gargox plague shows up, of course the other two have the cure, but I lose my whole hand again. I am just laughing thinking how this is a long game night in deed. Those guys then get hit with some bad luck, but nothing like I was having. Then they got hit harder and we are near the end of the game - any card could end it - and they are only 1 guy ahead of me ( well I have nothing so they are really down to 1 lone gub trying to stay alive ). I take my turn and then I get to pick a card to end it, I pick up Bob - Bob is a Gub we have Written Bob on and he is worth 2 points if you show everyone you are playing him. So I have to wait till next turn to use him but the game is almost over and we are having a blast.

I get to go again and I lay Bob down with no Protection at all, eyes get big, air is drawn in, people are shocked I am just leaving Bob there exposed to the harsh world of Gubs with no Barricade - but I only have a few cards and they all suck. I Pick up the next card and it ends the game, I win by one point over both people at 1 point and Bob stopped a tied game again - Bob Rocks use one in your game sometime soon:

Variant Rules using Super Bob: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/365753

It was a great win, even better since I went on to lose the next 4 games.

Deep Thoughts: Fricking Awesome game, Love it I tell you, just way to fun. I just bought 6 to give out for a late Christmas present to a bunch of friends, and my nieces and nephew who love it got theirs in time for Christmas.
Really light fun game that people just seem to really enjoy.

Game On!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Griffin
United States
California
flag msg tools
This sounds hilarious. I love it when people put a spin on games, to kind of make it "their own".

You might be interested to know that one of the AIs in Gubs: Pixel Edition is named "Bob".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.