Subject: Baton Rouge Boardgamers get Press Coverage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well true to form, they made it sound like something only weird people would enjoy. They did not make the games sound interesting either--just strange and not fun which they reinforced by saying at the end, that they really are fun!!

AARGH!!

I guess slightly negative press is better than no press at all!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle T
United States
Baton Rouge
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Arun! Congratulations on the club's success. I had no idea it was running so strong! It's a long way from all those years ago when we first started meeting for those few game nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c 5
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the artsy shot of the Power Grid pieces. It's like something you'd find posted on this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Hugh
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Well true to form, they made it sound like something only weird people would enjoy. They did not make the games sound interesting either--just strange and not fun which they reinforced by saying at the end, that they really are fun!!

AARGH!!

I guess slightly negative press is better than no press at all!!

The fellow who wrote that article had to be coaxed a little to actually sit down and play. He was going to just watch, if you can imagine that, but after he got into it he really enjoyed it.

I never thought of Power Grid as an intro, but it's such a great game I think it helped the writer get a better grasp of the quality of the games played over something like Monopoly or Clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Curtis
United States
Plainfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. I miss those Wednesday night game sessions. It was just the two of us at the first one, and your wife joined us for Ticket to Ride.

The state cancelled the OMV project as a money saver, so it's unlikely I'll get to come down and visit you all any time soon.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aucoin
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear the club in Baton Rouge is doing so well. I wish we could get some newspaper coverage like that. If you're ever in New Orleans come join the Westbank Gamers for a game session.

Michael Aucoin
Westbank Gamers
Maucoin@aol.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cervini
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Reviving this thread just because it needs to be on the first page.

Actually, it's more than that. Seems like your group isn't the only one in BR indeed. I recently joined one on Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Baton-Rouge-Board-Gamers/) and it's pretty nifty, and meets up relatively often, at least once a month. Granted, their focus seems to be on the more casual party-game-type games to get people together, but it's a good bunch of people.

Maybe you can get in contact with them and see if a super-meetup can be arranged, hmm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.