Subject: New Card Idea : Tax collector rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Poe
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Something that would have been purple if there was light to see it by scuttled across the floor.
badge
Time is for Dragonflies and Angels. The former live too little and the latter live too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tax Collector
(12 cards)
Cost : 4
Victory

1 VP per 7 coins worth of treasure in your deck at end of game.

I figure my most coin heavy decks can have 30 by end of game. It might need to go up to 10 instead of 7. I suppose if I knew this card was in the game... I could JUST do silver and Tax collectors for a good amount of VP. I wanted more than 2 gold required for a VP. Also... more than 3 silver.

Didn't see anyone else do this. It seems really obvious. Sorry if it was done before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So those folks who usually buy nothing but gold will now buy at least a couple of these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Bailey
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think someone's suggested something like that.

The problem is that if you have all those Treasures you can just buy Provinces and Duchies -- stuffing your deck with money is something you'd like to do anyway, it doesn't need to be incentivized further. Compare to the Gardens which rewards you for doing something you generally wouldn't want to do otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Poe
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Something that would have been purple if there was light to see it by scuttled across the floor.
badge
Time is for Dragonflies and Angels. The former live too little and the latter live too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
cheepicus wrote:

The problem is that if you have all those Treasures you can just buy Provinces and Duchies -- stuffing your deck with money is something you'd like to do anyway, it doesn't need to be incentivized further. Compare to the Gardens which rewards you for doing something you generally wouldn't want to do otherwise.

THAT is a very good point. You could make it more expensive. Make it 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
cheepicus wrote:
Compare to the Gardens which rewards you for doing something you generally wouldn't want to do otherwise.

One might also only reward copper ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if it was 1 VP for every X Treasure cards (rather than coin) in your deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.