Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be an academic question given how slow the game is moving, but does anybody know if there will be any changes in the reprint currently on the GMT P500 list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beyond incorporating a few rules clarifications/errata into the rulebook, I haven't heard much. There was a little talk on CSW about reducing the number of a few types of counters (raid markers, stockades, etc) to make room for the 5/8" leader counters that had appeared in some issue of C3i. Not sure if that'll happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reprint is close to shipping now.

It has a mounted mapboard and updated rules.

Are there more differences to the first edition?
Has the new mapboard been updated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. In the reprint that is to ship shortly, the rules are the same, but we have folded what were called "Advanced" rules into the base rules (which is the way the game was originally designed, incidentally). Also, we have added Optional rules to the Rulebook. They include the 5 optional rules that have been posted on the GMT site for some time, plus a couple more from Rob Winslow.

The Rulebook includes a number of clarifications that have been issued over the years, but none of them change the substance of play. The closest to a substantive change that I can think of is that we have replaced the phrase "every odd" with "half, rounded up". This was to close an unintended loophole in how players were assigning casualites rather than to change the game.

The countersheet, I am told, will include the small leader counters originally available only via C3i.

The charts have a new lay out that I find much easier to read, but the substance of them is unchanged.

The map, in addition to having boxes for all the leaders, has most of the placenames outside the spaces, so you can read them even if markers are all over the map.

Best regards, vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.