Popular Tags: [View All]
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As he does every year, my friend Jim Kundert will be running a large Ogre Miniatures game at Dundracon, in San Ramon, CA, on February 13th. For details, please see http://www.dundracon.com/GameSearch.php?GameType=Miniature and scroll down.

Usually, he sets out a terrain board roughly 4 x 10 feet, so the games can get fairly large, with multiple Ogres on a side. Please note that SJG will be providing some prizes, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10' gulp
That's about 250 hexes long! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea what style terrain he's using... is it traditional Ogre wasteland or more up-to-date G.E.V with river, tracks and a couple of small towns/cities? Or perhaps is this something else all together... One fella I read about was making sort of a combo wasteland --> mountains --> foothills/plains and then finally an island town in the middle of a lake. It sounded like a hoot. He (at the time I was reading) had just finished the wasteland portion... he projected it would take him another year or so to finish it all. All for one convention and then selling it off to the highest bidder to buy supplies for the next terrain set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
Any idea what style terrain he's using... is it traditional Ogre wasteland or more up-to-date G.E.V with river, tracks and a couple of small towns/cities?

The latter. I just heard this morning that he's prepping at least one new river board, so the overall mix of land/water/swamp will change this time around. His current boards are cleverly painted so that the wet areas can be either river or swamp, depending on the needs of the scenario. Sometimes he runs games where the GEVs don't have a lot of room to race around, sometimes not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.