Popular Tags: [View All]
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff, Eric, John, and Jessi (me). Geoff keeps score because he won the day before. Jessi is the initial target because she has won all year. (win the first two games of the year, and you're the target for the rest of it.)

Highlights of the early game: John hit 45 in three hands, then took 6 points in the next seven to recover. Jessi took 70 points in four hands to go from first to last.

One hand, targeting was possible, but John misplayed it slightly. Jessi was thrilled because someone other than her shared the blame.

The last hand was the interesting one.

Hand # 14 (Pass Right of Revenge)

Geoff: 79 Eric: 78 John: 91 Jessi: 90

Eric has the Queen, and it is evident fairly early. Once Eric gets the first point, he leads hearts. Everyone ducks the queen of hearts. Then everyone ducks a mid heart. This is because John has the highest ones.
Eric plays mid clubs. Jessi is out but doesn't point because her hearts are 2 and 3, and her diamonds are icky. Geoff has the high clubs but ducks because there are no points. Jessi has the rest of the spades, including the 10, which can cover.
Eric plays the last of his hearts, and John continues to duck. Geoff is throwing off mid diamonds. The only heart left is John's king (which Jessi knows he has because she passed it). Eric plays the 9 of spades, John throws off a diamond, Jessi takes it with the 10, and then leads another spade back to Eric, who takes the rest of the tricks to shoot.

So, Eric (as the target) shot even though he was covered in every suit he had, and everyone could have covered. John and Jessi didn't want to take points, especially when the Queen was still out. Geoff is ticked because Jessi didn't throw a point on the clubs. He could have taken the club and led the ace of diamonds to cover for 15 or so and continue the game, but he refused to do this because he knew he should be able to cover for one. John refused to cover in hearts, and Jessi could have covered in spades for 1 if John had thrown his last heart at the right time. She also should have delayed playing her high spade one more trick to give him another chance.

Final score:

Geoff: 104 Eric: 78 John: 117 Jessi: 116 (yay, everyone's over 50 and the game ended in a shooter)

Overall, a bit of a xisaster for Geoff. He really wanted a point on that club. Should I have thrown one of my nice hearts? As it turned out, Eric would have held the queen until Geoff was forced to play the ace over a diamond, so it was possible to continue the game even once Geoff wanted to end it. Would you have thrown one of those nice hearts, or a diamond away from 4,10,Q,K?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.