Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a game my girls got for christmas on BGG's recommendations.

Quick game overview for those who havent played it. Dawn under is a memory game where you have to place vampires into graves which have lids of the same vampire colour. Trying not to turn over a grave lid with a grave containing a vampire or a garlic bundle.

We finally got to play this game the other day and the first thing I found was that my girls really enjoyed poping out all the colourful pieces and setting up the game. A lot of the time they find the pieces to a new game to fiddly and the setup takes to long or is to complicated.

So, While Daddy read the rules they setup up the game and away we went. They soon learnt to try and remember which graves had vamps or garlic in but even when they didn't there was no tears only laughter and giggles as they ended up getting stakes or vamps from me or each other. For some reason the poor old yellow coloured vampire cards came in for some stick as nobody seemed to want to get them, no idea why but I did end up feeling sorry for the yellow guys being passed around endlessly

The game felt just right it was neither to difficult nor to easy and after a while I soon became confused myself about which graves where empty and which weren't, so no easy remembering everything win for daddy.

The first game we played took a little while as we had to remember the rules and got one or two things wrong.I was surprised however when my girls wanted to play another game straight after the fist had ended. The second game ran alot quicker and smoother than the first. My girls wanting to play a game again straight away is in my book what makes a great game

I ended up winning both the games we played but not by any great memory feat only by giving away my last vamp to whoever had made a mistake.

Right!, now!, all I have to do is improve my memory some more and hunt down the expansion

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.