11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The Ultimate Game Shelf rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: storage [+] [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this shelf at Target for $180, and I love it so much I think it needs some promotion on here. I think this is the perfect game shelf. First, its huge, 7 feet tall, and as wide as 2 normal book shelves. Its completely hard wood, no particle board, and can hold a ton of weight. The shelf is open in back, has no edges on the sides, and extends horizontally way farther than a normal book shelf. Because of these open sides, it easily hold as much as 3 normal book shelves. If you have the extra money for a game shelf, I think this the way to go thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Persson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one good looking shelf! Have to say that it makes me a little bit jealous.. blush This is obviously the way to go when space enough for a game shelf appears one fine day

second reaction: oohh.... evo... make that a lot jealous cool I just don't know what it is about that game that makes me want to play it so much..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the only thing I see wrong with this is all of the empty space. You clearly haven't slipped far enough into depravity....I want to see games hanging off that thing in every directions (all the easier since it doesn't have sides) by the end of winter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mac
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me likey! We may be moving soon and, thus, in need of new home furnishings. I'm sure I can convince the better half we need a new shelf set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Williams
United States
Huntsville
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you tell me what dimensions the support beams are? They look to be about 1"x1". Also, are the shelves anchored to the supports in any way, or are they just slid into place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You say it can handle a lot of weight, but honestly, those shelves look thin.
I have a shelf made with 1x12 hard pine and even it is buckling under the pressure of my collection. The only shelf I've ever had that could handle weight was a maple cabinet I had as a kid. the shelves were 1.5" maple with an 8" depth. Sturdy enough to hold even my scuba gear.

I've gone through about 8 bookshelves in the last ten years.
Admittedly, my programming reference library is more punishing than my game collection, but it can also do a fair bit of damage to a bookshelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devilturnip wrote:
Can you tell me what dimensions the support beams are? They look to be about 1"x1". Also, are the shelves anchored to the supports in any way, or are they just slid into place?

I don't know the exact measurements, but they are around 1 x 1 x 1 x 1" The shelves slide into place, and then are screwed into the beams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
You say it can handle a lot of weight, but honestly, those shelves look thin.
I have a shelf made with 1x12 hard pine and even it is buckling under the pressure of my collection. The only shelf I've ever had that could handle weight was a maple cabinet I had as a kid. the shelves were 1.5" maple with an 8" depth. Sturdy enough to hold even my scuba gear.

I've gone through about 8 bookshelves in the last ten years.
Admittedly, my programming reference library is more punishing than my game collection, but it can also do a fair bit of damage to a bookshelf.

The shelf can handle any amount of games you can place on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Williams
United States
Huntsville
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
Devilturnip wrote:

I don't know the exact measurements, but they are around 1 x 1 x 1 x 1" The shelves slide into place, and then are screwed into the beams.

Thanks. I like the design; I may build my own set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Kennedy
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
The shelf can handle any amount of games you can place on it.

Spoken like someone who doesn't play a lot of block wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelfpr0n!

Add it here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/36955

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.