Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya,

I just managed to get into the game and played an introductory session with some friends. Thanks to bignickel for his articles in the download section, they were very helpful.

Anyway I have some questions which I can't answer myself (and I guess there will be some more).

Here are the first questions:

1. You may trace supply through friendly controlled contested areas. But you may only trace supply through a conquered (=friendly controlled) ressource area if this area is garrisoned. Suppose such a res. area is friendly controlled but contested. Are units in the battle considered as garrison?

2. Italian Morale coallapses only if no areas in africa is axis controlled. Are Vichy areas considered as axis controlled?

3. River effect was discussed many times in this forums but I want to ask it anyway:
- Defender gains a bonus against all units of a unit type if at least one unit of this type has entered the newly contested area by crossing a "river border" of this contested area. Correct?
- "Unit type" distinguishes (among others) infantry and airborne units (both of them are of the same class but of another type) but doesn't distinguish elite and standard units (elite infantry and standard infantry are of another class but of the same type). Correct?

Greets,
Nils

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john f stup
United States
damascus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
#1. yes #2 no,they are pro-axis neutrals #3a.yes b,for this purpose, there are 2 types,armor and infantry. if i am wrong i hope someone corrects me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. Infantry, airborne, cavalry, and militia are all infantry-class units, so for purposes of river-crossing, they're all the same "unit type."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya,

thanks for your answers. I wasn't sure about the type/class distinction, becaue of the diagram on page 3 (the term "unit type" is used there as well). But since combat dice are thrown against a whole class, your interpretations are definitley more reasonable

Greets,
Nils

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.