So, what is the story behind
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
??????????????

Yesterday, his username sported: "Saving gamers' daughters from depravity" or something like that. Today is different. I look at his profile, no information just a--ahem "poem."

Sooooooooooo, what is the history here?

Anyone?

And you guys all think Mystery Bob is mysterious!!!

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: MisterCranky!!!
Look into the eyes of the dragon and despair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful. If you stare into the abyss, sometimes, the abyss stares back into you.

Let it go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every rose has its thorn, just like every night has its dawn, just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer more geekquestions. You'll soon find that Cranky can out Chit-Chat every single person here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
Answer more geekquestions. You'll soon find that Cranky can out Chit-Chat every single person here.

Is that a challenge? I've got weird in reserve you've never seen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Blott wrote:

I will take up the challenge!!!

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Blott wrote:

On your best day--hell, on the best days of every single person from your entire genealogy rolled into one ultrabest day--you couldn't match me. Today you like Hulk Hogan? Tomorrow you're gay? The next day you are a Randy Savage fanboy??? The day after that your wife becomes grouchy????? I will find you, and like Haystacks Calhoun I will put my thumb so far into your chest that you will need to eat a snorkel just in order to gasp for breath. I was making Chit Chatters cry because they didn't understand the MPAA rating system before you even knew that black pudding wasn't a racist Jello slur. Don't tangle with me, Captain Fandango, unless you bring a lunch. And bring one for me too, I am feeling somewhat lethargic today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:
Blott wrote:

On your best day--hell, on the best days of every single person from your entire genealogy rolled into one ultrabest day--you couldn't match me. Today you like Hulk Hogan? Tomorrow you're gay? The next day you are a Randy Savage fanboy??? The day after that your wife becomes grouchy????? I will find you, and like Haystacks Calhoun I will put my thumb so far into your chest that you will need to eat a snorkel just in order to gasp for breath. I was making Chit Chatters cry because they didn't understand the MPAA rating system before you even knew that black pudding wasn't a racist Jello slur. Don't tangle with me, Captain Fandango, unless you bring a lunch. And bring one for me too, I am feeling somewhat lethargic today.

Do you like bologna?

Oh yeah and,

Bring it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:
Blott wrote:

Do you like bologna?

Oh yeah and,

Bring it!

That's it? That's your whole response? Score 1 for MisterCranky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jessitron wrote:
That's it? That's your whole response? Score 1 for MisterCranky.

Meh. Actually I lost all will to tussle with the man after reading this.

As a recent Winsome convert myself, I can't be cranky with someone that also likes simple, well-designed games that force that gray lump in your skull to wake up.

So I offer the olive branch to the cranky one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[hug]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
[hug]

Okay... that's just awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, was the bologna fried? I like that, or I guess Lebanon Bologna is pretty good with creole mustard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky is like a stack of pancakes made of solid gold. You look at him and think "if I just cleaned off the maple syrup and melted him down, I could make a solid gold hat and be a superstar!" Then you burst into tears, because you don't really want to be a superstar...all you really want is love. And pancakes. Sweet, sweet pancakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Oh, was the bologna fried? I like that, or I guess Lebanon Bologna is pretty good with creole mustard.

I could fry it up I suppose, my daughter likes it that way too. I've never had creole mustard, but now I feel like I'm missing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
MisterCranky is like a stack of pancakes made of solid gold. You look at him and think "if I just cleaned off the maple syrup and melted him down, I could make a solid gold hat and be a superstar!" Then you burst into tears, because you don't really want to be a superstar...all you really want is love. And pancakes. Sweet, sweet pancakes.

Are you trying to say that MisterCranky would look good covered in maple syrup?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the hell is it about this thread that makes me want to eat pancakes to the dulcet tones of Willie Nelson while I stare at my Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat poster?

Jamie, you should probably feed your daughter some creole mustard first, and if she thinks it's good, then you can try some. I have always used my daughter as a taste tester, ever since the first death threats started rolling in from Rec.Games.Board, and it's really the best use of children before they decide to suck every available pfennig out of the coffers so they can go to drug crazed sex parties college.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
What the hell is it about this thread that makes me want to eat pancakes to the dulcet tones of Willie Nelson while I stare at my Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat poster?

No idea.

MisterCranky wrote:
Jamie, you should probably feed your daughter some creole mustard first, and if she thinks it's good, then you can try some. I have always used my daughter as a taste tester, ever since the first death threats started rolling in from Rec.Games.Board, and it's really the best use of children before they decide to suck every available pfennig out of the coffers so they can go to drug crazed sex parties college.

Hehe. I live in the land of free college. All I have to do is ship her off the the way-below average Kalamazoo schools for 12-17 years and it's free ride baby! Who cares she'll get no education to speak of and attend a string of schools constantly in the news for poor performing students and the occasional stabbing. It free college!!

Even if she is limited to two or three community colleges that will accept her. It's free!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Subject: MisterCranky.........Person or Persona?????????

In case your new subject line isn't just an excuse to use way too many of a different punctuation mark, here's my answer to the question you have posed:

Unless the guy I taught Galaxy Trucker to, played Say Anything with, and teamed up in Wits & Wagers alongside, was a figment of my imagination (a distinct possibility) I think he's a person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No!!! Do not open the green curtain!!! Too late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

In case your new subject line isn't just an excuse to use way too many of a different punctuation mark, here's my answer to the question you have posed:

Unless the guy I taught Galaxy Trucker to, played Say Anything with, and teamed up in Wits & Wagers alongside, was a figment of my imagination (a distinct possibility) I think he's a person.

But you're not sure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:

I think you are mistaken in your use of "persona". It does not in fact mean "a female person". Are you trying to infer that Cranky is really a woman?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike A wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

I think you are mistaken in your use of "persona". It does not in fact mean "a female person". Are you trying to infer that Cranky is really a woman?

No. She has it right.

Persona- A personal facade that one presents to the world.

Edit: Unless YOU are refering to Cranky as a woman... In that case, Hubba Hubba.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would that I were a woman, so I could get away with bitch-slapping you for your annoying use of "infer." Drawing an inference loses so much of its innate power when people equate the whole thing with the act of implication. Mrs. Mystery Bob is my biggest fan--I've known this for some time, and I don't think that she'd imply my femininity any more than she would impugn the lofty delight of my profile's poem. Oh wait, what? SHE DID WHAT???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.