Subject: Pocket Civ computer bug rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Rogers
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone experienced in the computer version the computer won't let you have more the 2 tribes at the beginnig of the population growth phase? Also at one time I built a city and in the next pop. growth phase it mysteriously disappered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
mrgregg84 wrote:
Has anyone experienced in the computer version the computer won't let you have more the 2 tribes at the beginnig of the population growth phase? Also at one time I built a city and in the next pop. growth phase it mysteriously disappered.

Do you have the map and/or save games from when this happened? I've noticed this on occasion, but I haven't been able to replicate it consistently. I'm thinking it has something to do with Cartage or even not correctly which region is currently active. Can't tell....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Rogers
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
Seems to occur in all games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Any particular era? Any particular advances that you're always getting?

I'm not always seeing it... PocketCiv is a pretty complicated game and I doubt we all play it the same way...

Thanks!

J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Rogers
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
It may not be a bug after all, upon further studying the board game rules I think it may be because my tribes are unsupported in the region and are being reduced. How can I be sure of the number of tribes a region can support either in the computer game or board game? What constitutes it's support?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Folke
Denmark
Lyngby (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
badge
Pierce 2
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of Icons (forests, mountains, farms but not deserts) in a region defines how many tribes it can support, +1 per AV of a city in the region.

I had another bug: I had government and drew tribal war. Tribal war says it is ignored because of government, but I couldn't click continue, so the game was frozen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same bug as Peter's ... when Tribal War tries to kick off and you have Government, the game says Government cancels Tribal War, but then won't let you click to continue.

Also, sometimes when you have Agriculture and enough tribes to create a farm, the right-click option will not have create farm as an option.

It seems to happen most in desert regions, but I've had it happen in non-desert regions ... particularly after events.

Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
FuManchu wrote:
I have the same bug as Peter's ... when Tribal War tries to kick off and you have Government, the game says Government cancels Tribal War, but then won't let you click to continue.

Also, sometimes when you have Agriculture and enough tribes to create a farm, the right-click option will not have create farm as an option.

It seems to happen most in desert regions, but I've had it happen in non-desert regions ... particularly after events.

Robert

I will take a look at these tonight/tomorrow. Game logs or maps to my email listed at jkntech would be great as well.

Thanks much,

J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
D'Oh, I should have saved before closing it out.

I did another test, this time I researched horticulture. In a region I could no longer build farms, I'd build a forest. Next turn, I'd get the option to build farms again.

I'm not sure what event/process is causing it, but it appears regions without trees are somehow "forgetting" that you can place farms without trees with agriculture.

If you place a farm with trees present, the game correctly doesn't decimate the tree.

I'll try to recreate and send a save game file.

Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Just a quick note that I have not had the chance to look at this yet... I had surgery Friday and I've yet gotten back in the saddle. I will be on it soon.

Thanks much,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FuManchu wrote:

Robert

Your Agriculture "bug" if probably because you are trying to make two farms in one turn. The Agriculture advance only works once per turn. In fact, you really have to be careful, because you can end up chopping down forests if you double-farm while forgetting this limit on Agriculture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I find that if you try to use the Roadbuilding power (move two spaces), that the game crashes. :-(

Repro steps:
1. Get Roadbuilding advance.
2. Next turn, click on a territory and move a tribe two spaces.
3. Click on another territory for your next move.

Result: crash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Grantor wrote:
I find that if you try to use the Roadbuilding power (move two spaces), that the game crashes. :-(

Repro steps:
1. Get Roadbuilding advance.
2. Next turn, click on a territory and move a tribe two spaces.
3. Click on another territory for your next move.

Result: crash.

Well, that stinks. I'll try and reproduce (and fix) this weekend.

J.

EDIT: I didn't look at it this weekend. I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
All:

I will be putting the Pocket Civ source code up at SourceForge. The project has been submitted - it's up to them to see if they want to host it. Once everything is set, I will update everyone here.

Thanks!

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Rustin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The code is now up on Sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pocketciv/).

For some reason I seem to have volunteered to do some work on it, so if you want to tell me what the most pressing bugs are, I'll see what I can do!

E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.