BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: My first game. My first defeat... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit that I never played as many board games as i would like to.

I suppose that I was unlucky: either were the games I was asked to play too simplistic (throw dice, move, throw dice, move,...) or the rules booklet looked like New York's telephone book.

So I am always jealous of those childre that enter the gameshops with their parents and buy some new models to their Warhammer universe...

But I decided that enough is enough and decided to try... once again.

I bought Ticket to Ride Märklin. Some people complained that this game was too light for hardcore gamers so I decided that this should be the way to my reborn boardgame love.

Nice game. I tried it yesterday, without the passengers to make it easier for my 10 year old granddaughter and myself. She won something like 120 to 60.

Next time I will add the passengers rule and I will cheat hiding some of my trains to finish the game before she completes her route.

That will teach her a lesson and I will win.

What a wonderful game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Persson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the spirit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Salvatucci
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

thumbsupthumbsup

If you like the game you might want to try the "Nordic Countries" version -- same basic game (with some differences, i.e. no passengers but tunnels), and it is specifically made for 2 or 3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonello wrote:

thumbsupthumbsup

If you like the game you might want to try the "Nordic Countries" version -- same basic game (with some differences, i.e. no passengers but tunnels), and it is specifically made for 2 or 3 players.

and it is set in the Nordic countries.

Ten year old.

Carcassonne
Ingenious
Blokus 3D

Pandemic is excellent coop. But I would ask first if she likes such stuff. eradicating disease to save the world.

BTW good choice on the game. It was the first game I bought as well.

Also nice for some quick two player games is Lost cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone with your suggestions.

I think that before buying more games I will add the passenger rules at the right moment.

But I will check Pandemic and its rules.

Cheers from Denmark

Akebono

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Atta boy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.