Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Desperately Seeking Alea Chinatown rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom O'K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear; I is here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone. I'm currently on a little obsessive kick about getting myself a copy of the Alea edition of Chinatown. I don't have any trades matching up right now, so I'm putting this post up to try and catch the eye of anyone:

a) with an Alea Chinatown they're looking to get rid of.
and b) who is open to cash offers.

Also, if you have Chinatown but don't want cash, and there is some other rare game you would trade it for, let me know (maybe I can get my hands on that?).

Anyway thanks for reading!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah, it sounds like the Z-man edition works just as well. Not sure that the desperation is required here...but good luck either way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Bah, it sounds like the Z-man edition works just as well. Not sure that the desperation is required here...but good luck either way.


Doesn't come with Konjunkturkarten!

Looking to complete a set, maybe?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear; I is here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:
wytefang wrote:
Bah, it sounds like the Z-man edition works just as well. Not sure that the desperation is required here...but good luck either way.


Doesn't come with Konjunkturkarten!

Looking to complete a set, maybe?


Yep, I'm really interested in euros with a negotiation element AND I have a twisted collector's lobe in my brain somewhere... so Alea Chinatown is my holy grail right now!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To-ju Huang
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
teabo wrote:
BaSL wrote:
wytefang wrote:
Bah, it sounds like the Z-man edition works just as well. Not sure that the desperation is required here...but good luck either way.


Doesn't come with Konjunkturkarten!

Looking to complete a set, maybe?


Yep, I'm really interested in euros with a negotiation element AND I have a twisted collector's lobe in my brain somewhere... so Alea Chinatown is my holy grail right now!


Some players from Europe may have copies for sale; I just got one this way. However, don't expect to get it cheap; the price + shipping is definitely expensive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw it in Essen (2006) for € 80. Last year for € 70. Still high, while there is a reprint.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
teabo wrote:
BaSL wrote:
wytefang wrote:
Bah, it sounds like the Z-man edition works just as well. Not sure that the desperation is required here...but good luck either way.


Doesn't come with Konjunkturkarten!

Looking to complete a set, maybe?


Yep, I'm really interested in euros with a negotiation element AND I have a twisted collector's lobe in my brain somewhere... so Alea Chinatown is my holy grail right now!

1st, I see that someone is selling the Alea version here in the BGG marketplace (at least they were yesterday when you made your post).

2nd, *never* tell everyone that a game is your Holy Grail. You can't put a price on a Grail.

3rd, I've put a price on your Grail. I'll sell you a sealed copy for $250, which is a great price for a Grail arrrh

4th, if it weren't your Grail, I would have sold it to you for $150 shake

Tom
Boards & Bits
www.boardsandbits.com
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
3rd, I've put a price on your Grail. I'll sell you a sealed copy for $250, which is a great price for a Grail arrrh

4th, if it weren't your Grail, I would have sold it to you for $150 shake

Tom
Boards & Bits
www.boardsandbits.com


I shouldn't worry about Tom, Tom; you will make your sale with the lowest bidder. If I were to sell you my copy it would cost you much less than this. But I'm not, sorry. Although I might, if part of the deal was to get a new copy of the reprint.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.