Subject: Druid is awesome! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will not go over how awesome the druid is in this game or my secret, but I have now (thanks to the league) played every class at least 10 times.

As many of you are aware, those that have requested tips on how to play the different classes...or how to beat your son (you know who you are), I know this game inside out and play it with real compassion and aggressiveness with my store.

My friends and customers are constantly becoming more and more aware at how awesome this game is, it has now replaced Star Craft Brood War, Talisman, Catan, Ticket to Ride, and even Warmachine in the store. Because people are constantly discovering totally new things to try.

Well I was playing the druid yesterday and found a useful way to take advantage of the cards they get. My friends say that its not broken it just means it is one more thing to be aware of.

I am sure when I go in on Thursday they will have something to try against my discovery.

Just want you guys to be aware why thinking outside the box is good for this game.

Please do not PM me for the secret, I would be happy to give you tips if you are having trouble with the class or any class though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep you sooper dooper shmooper secret then!
(No offense intended btw, hence the )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will use the same rebuttal that I used in high school...

Fine I will! yuk

LOL, no its cool I know you are joking thats all this site is; fun and games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokelau
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
f you think you figured out what makes them awesome, feel free to PM me. I will let you know if you made the awesome discovery.

It's a secret to everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't tell us what it is, we can't tell you if your playing it right or not. You could be breaking the rules and nobody can correct you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know for a fact I am not breaking the rules, considering the amount of questions I answer for people both online and at the store. The rules are very clearly written...but nice try.

It doesn't break the game at all. Its just another thing to be aware of when druid is on the board.

Right now there are key things you always must be aware of. Every turn it is not unusual for people to do a valor point check. No one wants a player to sneak a victory...well maybe the rogue, but i digress.
Another thing to look out for and memorize are the encounters that drop the armor that limits the max amount of damage you can take. These cards should be prime targets to kill before a class that can use the card gets them, because if a warrior or paladin gets them game over.
The following cards are the ones I'm talking about:

Grey cards
Ice Claw Bear - Grizzly Jerkin (medium armor - can't take more than 2 damage)
Mountain Boar - Charger's Armor (heavy armor - can't take more than 2 damage)

Green cards
Commander Springvale -Shining Silver Breastplate (heavy armor - reduce damage by 1)
Defias Drone - Bloodspattered Surcoat (heavy armor - can't take more than 2 damage)

Yellow cards
Murloc Nightcrawler - Steel Breatplate (heavy armor - reduce damage by 1)

Red cards
Firegut Ogre - Darksoul Breatplate (heavy armor - place damage taken on armor destroy once it has 5 damage)

These armors can be game breaking and are the only flaw I see in the game. I have no idea how FFG didn't notice that a Grey card that LIMITS the max damage you can take is fair, also it is medium armor so almost every class can use. I have emailed them about these cards and they told me I am reading them right.

The reason these are broken cards to me is because you only need to do one damage to an encounter to defeat it, so it doesn't matter that krull or nefarian can deal 12 damage, because the wearer can only take two.

I am surprised multiple reviews never talked about this, but I guess people never got these cards or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schlimgen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much of a secret, but:

Both Marks of the Wild can be attached to the character (in separate turns). Then, both can be used in the same attack (after dice are rolled). This, with a red-level Maul (bear form) or attack 5 staff (normal form), can get you to 7 attack (or 8 with the normal form Moonfire).

The same can be done with Sofeea's Arcane Intellect - if both are attached, they can reduce the cost of an ability by 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.