Subject: Snow Day? Let's get Shreked. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sarasio Meyer
United States
Forest City
Iowa
flag msg tools
No Really. Do. or Do not. There is no Try.
badge
Nothing here there is. Look elsewhere you must.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blizzard like conditions followed by negative teen temperatures leads to the first snow day of 2009. The girls each pick a game: Olivia picks Simply Catan and Madeline picks Shrek 2: The Twisted Fairy Tale Game. The mail arrived with a game I got on trade, Villa Paletti, so I picked that.

This is a game that is part spin and move, part battle dice rolling, and part Candyland. The two games we played today the Candyland aspect played a big part.

Game one:
On the first turn of the game Madeline spins getting an event card which very quickly jumps her to the twelve horse carriage, think princess lolli in Candyland. This gives her a huge lead right away. Olivia and I do our best to catch up knowing that unless Madeline gets a Gingy help card on the last help square we have a good chance to catch her. Three turns later, Madeline gets the Gingy she needs and only has to win the final battle to earn victory. Without any help cards it takes her three turns, but Olivia and I only made it have way through the maze to catch up. Quick game, Madeline wins.

Game Two:
Short game, so we play another. Second game starts a little slower, with everyone pretty even. Then Olivia gets captured by the guards and sent to prison, about 2/3 of the way along the path. No big deal, she has to battle her way out and has no help cards. Madeline and I each take a turn, but on Olivia's next turn she gets awesome battle rolls winning four battles in a row, and moving to within a turn or two of the castle. Madeline and I keep moving because we both have our help Gingy's and Olivia is still missing hers. Olivia gets to the help space and has no luck taking four turns to get her Gingy. In the mean time, I get some big spins and move within striking distance, but Madeline gets small spins. Olivia finally gets her Gingy and moves into the castle, but runs out of battle luck and has no help cards. On my next turn I move into the castle and roll for battle. I miss the needed roll, but have a help card to reroll one die, which is just what I need. I come from behind to win, with Olivia in the castle battling and Madeline about 1/3 of the way back down the path.

This is a pretty good kids game, and if you can find it and have 4-9 year olds that like the Shrek series, it is a good pick up.

Thanks for reading. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.