2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: LRDG - Long Range Desert Group Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Saunders
Canada
flag msg tools
I looked for a North African hex and counter game based on or that includes LRDG units at a smaller/tactical level. Could not find one. Did find a game that was based on the TV show 'Rat Patrol' but have no interest in it. Any other recommendations or info to share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Welcome to BGG.

Good question, and it got me having a bit of a hunt for appropriate games. You might want to have a read through the reviews and articles on these games:

Afrika (second edition)
Shifting Sands
8th Army
DAK2
Tide of Iron: Designer Series Vol. 1

Having had a search through the forums, the first two games have numerous mentions of the LRDG so are probably the best place to start. The last one on the list is and expansion to Tide of Iron, a very popular light-ish wargame, so you'd need the main game in addition to that scenario pack.

I can't recommend which of them are good games, but their ratings and reviews should give you enough of an idea as to whether they're what you're after - how close to tactical level the games get, I have no idea. Posting specific questions about individual games in their forums should get the attention of the people that play and own them.

Best of luck!

EDIT: This link refers to a TOI scenario called "Rat Patrol" which might make for useful reading too:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/368969
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.