Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sheridan Hortness
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is a reminder that the Kanata Board Gamers will be held on Tuesday January 20th.

The start time for the session is 6:30 PM.

The session will be held at Kravings Dessert Café in the Kanata Centrum. Kravings is located across from O’Connor’s pub on the pedestrian mall (next to Kanata Sushi). Parking is available beside O’Connor’s or beside Best Buy.

Please use this thread to discuss games that you want to bring or play.

I will try to make it out and distribute the new Toys On Fire cards that I have received from Ottawa Games Group.

Sheridan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Figuière
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking bringing Elasund: The First City this time, and maybe Carcassonne: The Discovery. I should also have Race for the Galaxy by then, but I need to play it a bit first :-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Lecuyer
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am planning to bring Power Grid China/Korea this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Quirk
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Hubert,

There's lots of people who have played Race already so if you haven't had a chance to try it on your own yet, you should be able to find someone to help break it in for you.

Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Figuière
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay, I ordered it already :-) Was on my list for a while, just that my local store didn't have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dixon
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to go if we can get a babysitter.

Really want to try out the new Power Grid maps at some point.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Eight game-playing attendees last night, plus a short visit from Sheridan and family.

Broke into two tables of four. At our table, first Hubert taught Elasund: The First City to Steve, Bill, and I. We repaid him by defeating him! It was a close finish, but Bill was the first to get all his VP cubes on the table and, on a 50-50 random draw, I failed to draw the card I'd have needed to dislodge him and steal victory for myself.

Then the three of us taught Dominion to Hubert, who picked it up quickly. Steve won this one going away though; Hubert second, and Bill and I tied for last. I believe scores were 33 to 21 to 15 to 15.

I know the Korea map of Power Grid: China/Korea got played at the other table. Not sure if that was the whole evening or if they played a second game of something different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Figuière
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:

I know the Korea map of Power Grid: China/Korea got played at the other table. Not sure if that was the whole evening or if they played a second game of something different.

They played a second game, I just forget what it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Doherty
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
www.toysonfire.ca
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, my name is Gray, and I am from Toys on Fire. Glad to see the discount cards got out to you guys. I look forward to meeting you all in store sometime soon so we may give you the grand tour.

P.S. if anyone is still looking for race for the Galaxy I believe we have it in stock currently along with the Rising Storm expansion.

Give us a call if you need anything.

Cheers,

Gray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.