Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On BGG it says that 8 year olds can play this game. Is it true? How young do you think a child can be to play this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the kid. I'm sure there are 6 year olds who could play this fine, and I'm sure there are 10-11 year olds who, even if they could understand it, would consider it a total waste of time.

Stratego is a somewhat simpler game with similar mechanics (in that you have to try and guess what your opponent is thinking, and if you are really going to play well you have to guess what they think you are thinking). If they can get their mind around Stratego, they could probably learn this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son was probably 7 or so when we started playing. My daughter is 8 now and can play, though she isn't very good at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 11 year old can play this and really loves the bluffing aspect of it. However we are a little reserved about introducing my just turned 10 year old to it(she doesn't like Puerto Rico but loves Galaxy Trucker), because Hera & Zeus does require some RETENTION of the characters powers and effects(like the purple buildings in Puerto Rico). Not saying my 10 year old is thick, but if the amount of rules and info she has to remember does not seriously counterbalance the aspect of fun(i.e. Galaxy Trucker)she is gonna get, then forget it.Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.