Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Eggert
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Players: Brian, Justin, David, Ravindra
# plays before today: 0, 0, 0, 0

We played this trick-taking game twice. Didn't like it after the first play. It seemed heavily luck-driven. In particular, I had a mix of the three colors... and mostly the highest and lowest cards of each color... so I was everyone elses pawn. I handed out a bunch of cards and got force-fed a little of everything. Final score was something like 30, 27, 14, and 3 (me).

Second play was better. We learned how to execute the "take that" or hurt-your-neighbor moves. I had a lot of purple in the second game so that was my obvious choice... but I chose to do a little bluffing with red. I ate a few cards, but eventually cleaned up on purple. Final score was roughly 18, 14, 12, and 6. A more balanced game due to the hurt-the-leader(s) approach.

1. luck of the draw is a big factor

2. you must coordinate with other players to hurt-the-leader by force-feeding him cards that will be negative points. REPEAT -- this effort must be coordinated. If the leader is collecting purple, the best way to hurt him is for the other players to make red & green the active suits... thus forcing the leader to take non-purple cards.

3. in absence of the hurt-the-leader(s) approach, the game will break down (like our initial play) and one or two players will run away with the game
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.