Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sucks that Feyenoord's coach got laid off, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Prestonisnormal wrote:
Wake Forest is going all the way!
All the way where? To lose in Clemson this weekend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
Prestonisnormal wrote:
Wake Forest is going all the way!

It's all well and good to be proud of your team (and congratulations on them beating my team) but would you care put some stakes behind your proclamation?

My wager is that UNC will win the second meeting against Wake and will finish ahead of them in the ACC. (You've already got a two game lead).

The stakes could be a game from the other's wishlist... Care to take me up on it?

Sorry, Randy. I'd make you the same offer, but that just wouldn't be fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
captkayoss wrote:
My wager is that UNC will win the second meeting against Wake and will finish ahead of them in the ACC. (You've already got a two game lead).

The stakes could be a game from the other's wishlist... Care to take me up on it?

So, would you make the wager that UNC will beat Clemson (in the Dean Dome, no less, where we're 0-for-forever) and that UNC will finish ahead of (not tied with) Clemson in the conference?

That sounds like a very easy bet to win.

So, due to the disporportionate gamble, what if the stakes were 1 new game if you win (not to exceed $50) and 5 new games if I win (not to exceed $250)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:

So, would you make the wager that UNC will beat Clemson (in the Dean Dome, no less, where we're 0-for-forever) and that UNC will finish ahead of (not tied with) Clemson in the conference?

That sounds like a very easy bet to win.

So, due to the disporportionate gamble, what if the stakes were 1 new game if you win (not to exceed $50) and 5 new games if I win (not to exceed $250)?

All right Randy! Way to pick up the gauntlet!!! This comment was made tongue in cheek:

captkayoss wrote:

Clemson (like Duke, Carolina and Wake Forest) has a great team this year: undefeated (at the time of this writing) and in the Top 10. Given the fact that since the first game at Chapel Hill between Clemson and Carolina in 1926, the Tar Heels have won 53 consecutive home games against the Tigers, who have never beaten the Tar Heels in Chapel Hill, (the 53rd consecutive win is an NCAA record) the odds are somewhat against me. I mean, I know that if you flip a coin nine times and it comes up tails each time, the odds that it will be heads on the tenth flip are still 50%, but 54 straight years...that involves some luck.

I wasn't seriously putting Clemson down, just wanted to make the trash-talk spicier. But in that spirit, I will seriously make you the same offer: a game from your wishlist if your team beats mine in Chapel Hill and/or finishes ahead my team in the ACC standings, a game from mine if they don't.

Bring it baby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
captkayoss wrote:
But in that spirit, I will seriously make you the same offer: a game from your wishlist if your team beats mine in Chapel Hill and/or finishes ahead my team in the ACC standings, a game from mine if they don't.

Bring it baby!
Mama didn't raise no fool.

While that was a reasonable bet for Wake Forest, Clemson is, traditionally speaking, no Wake and certainly no UNC. I can't make that deal, as I feel that the odds are too much against me.

But it sure will be nice to crow about it if we break the jinx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.