United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I think they have to do with being able to pay for a card to get it into play, but for the life of me, I can't find this in the Core Rules book. Can someone remind me what these are for, and where in the rules it specifies this?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
I think they have to do with being able to pay for a card to get it into play, but for the life of me, I can't find this in the Core Rules book. Can someone remind me what these are for, and where in the rules it specifies this?

Thanks!

Yeah I didn't understand this either, glad you posted it because I was going to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me to give a specific citation, but they are "steadfast" icons, meaning that you have to have at least that many of the shown resource assigned to your domains in order to play the card. (You don't have to expend those resources; you just have to *have* them.)

Make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's definitely "Steadfast". Look for it in the keywords section of the Core Rules at the top of page 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
That's right! Now I remember. So when I play a Steadfast card, I still have to make sure I pay with a domaine that matches with at least one resource (as per the standard playing a card rule, right?), but for a two-icon Steadfast fellow, I'll need to have another of the same icons under the same or another domain.

And a quick follow up: Right now I think there's only two-icon Steadfast characters, right? Did the CCG have three or more icon Steadfast cards?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
That's right! Now I remember. So when I play a Steadfast card, I still have to make sure I pay with a domaine that matches with at least one resource (as per the standard playing a card rule, right?), but for a two-icon Steadfast fellow, I'll need to have another of the same icons under the same or another domain.

Yes, that is quite correct.

mattprice wrote:
And a quick follow up: Right now I think there's only two-icon Steadfast characters, right? Did the CCG have three or more icon Steadfast cards?

Not really. The only three-steadfast cards were events. Of course, there was one character, Nyarlathotep which was a neutral 0-cost card with a Steadfast icon of each faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.