Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A firm that I worked for several years ago decided to go with employee identity badges. Everyone would be required to wear the badge and use it to enter & exit the building. To get the badge, you had to provide your Social Security number to be encoded into the badge.

I refused.

The HR person said that they could deny my entrance to the building but I provided documentation from the Social Security Administration stating that while the number COULD be used for other purposes, it could NEVER be mandatory to have only that number used.

She said it would be needed so they could pay me. My travels in the building could be logged, so I wouldn't have to fill out a timecard.

I told her I was on salary, I didn't fill out a timecard.

She assured me that the information was in a 'closed' system, consisting of a PC hooked up to all the doors.

But didn't she just say that the information was transfered to Payroll?

She ground her teeth slowly.

"OK" she said, "We'll just make up a number for you. Your number will be 123456789."

"You can't use that. That IS my Social Security number!"

She practically snapped a pen in half. I smiled and told her I was just joking. She filled out all the paperwork, handed it to me and told me to go down the hall and have my photo taken.

I hung my head and just sat there. "What is it now?" she asked.

I looked up and with a straight face said, "I'm Amish. Do you have anyone that can sketch me instead?"

For the next seven years, that woman and I were never on speaking terms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Her loss, if she doesn't want to chat with someone so obviously brilliant and funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were really Amish, a photo of the back of your head would suffice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Amish have no problem having their pictures taken anyway, of course, she didn't know that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooooooooo, HARSH!!!

Or, did you secretly have a crush on her?

Or do you just like to torture people for fun?

Just saying.
kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
A good HR person would have had access to your SS# through your employee or payroll files and would have known about the laws regarding your SS# as an employee ID. The only conclusion I can draw is she was under qualified and may still be grossly incompetent. You might hit on her pretty directly and she if she knows about your sexual harassment policies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not prone to snorting beverages up into my nose and having them leak onto my lap and keyboard.

Fuck you.

(and thanks)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
Netherlands
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is evil, but hysterical! She apparently didn't have much of a sense of humor that day! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.