3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: 1988 travel scrabble rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
julia kamlish
England
flag msg tools
Hi. I wondered if anyone knows of anywhere where I can buy the 1988 version of Spears Travel scrabble? It's the one with a green zip case and board with perforations.
I would be incredible grateful if anyone can help.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oof. That's a tall order. You could check the 'marketplace' section of the relevant game here on BGG, or eBay. A lot of geeks here find older editions like that in thrift stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG.

Here's the link to the page regarding that particular version of Scrabble: Scrabble
(At least, it sounds like the right version from your description. If not, search for "Scrabble" in the search box up top, but there'll be loads of different editions to check through.)

Amongst the stuff on that page you'll see links to people trading it (currently 11, although none in the UK) and selling it (alas, none are currently listed for sale on the internal BGG marketplace). There's also a section for current eBay listings, but these aren't meant to be comprehensive so checking on eBay yourself is probably better.

Finally... since there have been so many versions of Scrabble you'd need to check to make sure that any copy you bought or acquired in trade was the actual version you're after, since Travel Scrabble itself seems to have had quite a few incarnations.

As Tommy says, such a simple sounding request might prove to be a tall order!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.