Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
101 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming » BrettspielWelt (BSW)

Subject: Brettspielwelt (BSW) and .prop file rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: bsw [+] player-aids [+] brettspielwelt [+] [View All]
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
figarojones wrote:
A. I can only join rooms that already have players. I want to join an empty room, then go and setup the 10 cards we're going to play with before anyone shows up.

B. Occasionally, I'll open a random room that doesn't have anyone, and I try starting, but "Only teammates may start a game". I try hosting, but that doesn't work. I try join, but then the game begins. At least that's what it seems like.

C. On a couple occasions I've gotten to a setup screen where I can select the 10 cards we play with. On the right of the screen, there's a save button. I click the save button and it resets the cards. I'm curious as to how I get from that screen back to the main screen and save the setup I've just built. Also, typing /manager does not work, at least for me.

A. Can't be done that way. You can go into setup mode in which each person picks one card at a time. So if all agree on the cards, it can be done, but you can't pick the cards before hitting start. There is also an option to play with the last card set, once you have it setup.

B. You can't start a game of Dom with only one player and you need to join a game first. Just enter a game room and type /join then /start when you have the players (if you don't want to use the GUI buttons).

C. You got me with the 'save' button. I haven't used the 'setup' option for sometime, but you sure can't 'save' your cardset, leave the table, come back some other time and have it remember. Doesn't work that way, unless it is something really new. That kind of function in BSW would floor me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pbwedz wrote:
I haven't used the 'setup' option for sometime, but you sure can't 'save' your cardset, leave the table, come back some other time and have it remember. Doesn't work that way, unless it is something really new.
It was introduced last april, when amigo did a "create a dominion set" contest.

Every player can have one personal set. This set is stored on the server, connected to the user name. If you create another personal set, you override your old one.

To create a personal set:
1. enter an empty dominion game room (without issuing a gameyell, "enter room")
2. join the game
3. start the game with you as the only one player
4. select 10 cards
5. click on the "save" button that appears.

To use your personal set:
1. join a game as first player
2. select the set "firstplayer". Either from the game tool, or with the command line "/option set firstplayer"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Count me floored. I forgot about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I have looked everywhere on my computer and do not see any prop files. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled BSW, but still there is nothing. Help!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in your BSW folder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got it figured out. You guys were so incredibly helpful.

Now, my points aren't being tracked, and it says I'm not part of any guild. How do I resolve this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilds Commands: http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Hilfe/Kommandos/Gilden/

In short, type /possibleguilds and that will show you which ones you are allowed to join then type /accedeguild GAMENAME to join it. The five games you have been playing the most will be the ones you are allowed to join.

If for the first part you are wondering how many Taler you have then:

http://tortuga.famro.de/rankingrechner/index.php will tell you, but you must be at least lvl 11 or you can try mine http://www.emeraldcity41.net/BSWFunctions/Player.aspx which is not quite as tights as tortuga's and fancier (he stores the data on his site where as I pull it from the BSW site on the fly) but mine works on any level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Landis
United States
Middletown
California
flag msg tools
figarojones wrote:
Finally got it figured out. You guys were so incredibly helpful.

Now, my points aren't being tracked, and it says I'm not part of any guild. How do I resolve this?

If you want your games to be tracked, you need to be registered, and the username is case sensitive. If you registered figarojones (someone did and played 7 games of Dominion), then later log in is FigaroJones, the games played when logged on with caps will not be recorded.

Before joining a guild you need to join a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceSquirrel wrote:

Before joining a guild you need to join a city.

How do you do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATED

Newest game: Atlantis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: PUERTO RICO IS BACK!

So I've updated the games list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Klemm
United States
Concord
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I start out in the game manager rather than english town?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterBond wrote:
How do I start out in the game manager rather than english town?
Remove the line "Room = C10" from your .prop file
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Irons
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I don't have a .prop file in my BSW directory, can I just create one with the text in the original post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, i mean a Brettspielwelt.prop file.

If you don't have one, you should start at the manager. It used to be in the BSW folder, but some newer windows versions hide it in C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\BSW\ or some similar silly named folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Irons
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep definitely hidden in the user folder. Am I safe just copying and replacing the info with the data in the original post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Even when I use this .prop file (thanks, btw!), I find that the Menubar is in German, not English. So the Red Pawn menu says Spiel, not Game. Not a big deal, but I can't understand why that is when other people have English menubars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkEJohnson wrote:
Even when I use this .prop file (thanks, btw!), I find that the Menubar is in German, not English. So the Red Pawn menu says Spiel, not Game. Not a big deal, but I can't understand why that is when other people have English menubars.
Not sure why that is -- my menubar is in English, except for one thing (Truff, I think; whatever that is)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric J.
Netherlands
Nieuwegein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkEJohnson wrote:
The language of each item in the menubar is saved when you change the menubar and save your settings.
If you reconstruct it by usingConfigure (i.e. put in the English items and removing the german ones) and save your setting afterwards with /save you have an all English toolbar again.

If you never changed anything and saved it reverts automatically to the default in your language.

Gloppy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
Been there, done that regarding the daunting initial learning curve. My suggestion, for what it is worth, is to get involved immediately with a city that uses your language as its primary means of communications. In the case of English, go to

http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Forum/index.php?topic=62975.0

and kick the tires on a few of the cities listed. Getting involved with a city saved me from abandoning BSW out of frustration. There has always been a high level citizen around to help me, to teach me new games, etc.

Regards,

dhadden, Emerald City

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Galapagos wrote:

If you reconstruct it by usingConfigure (i.e. put in the English items and removing the german ones) and save your setting afterwards with /save you have an all English toolbar again.

That did the trick, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galapagos wrote:
MarkEJohnson wrote:
The language of each item in the menubar is saved when you change the menubar and save your settings.

If you never changed anything and saved it reverts automatically to the default in your language.

Gloppy

What's the english for "Treff"? It's listed only as "Treff", as far as I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric J.
Netherlands
Nieuwegein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
What's the english for "Treff"? It's listed only as "Treff", as far as I can see.
It's the Gather tool (which was first known as Gather, but they changed it).
http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Hilfe/Tools/Treff/

I just did the translation again, so that one should now be available under the English name as well.

Gloppy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool tool -- thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I finally figured it out. I took out my username and password from the prop file, and now that I manually enter the info, it's started tracking my points. Any idea as to why that is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |