Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David M
Canada
Ottawa-ish
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hello all,

Right now I'm using my brother's old laptop which has a very loud fan and the heat coming off this this is burning my legs. And the down arrow doesn't work, it'll shut down if it over heats.

Anyways my story;

I was using IE7 and changed to Opera because IE wouldn't let me use my scroll wheel on my mouse + other reasons. So after using Opera for a week or so I wanted to import my favorites over so I had both browers open and then the PC died.

Now on power up I have a blue screen with white text (classic). After the windows loading screen.

I can NOT get pass this with safe mode or XP disc so it's reading;
- A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

- UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

- and it goes on

- Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82F4F900, and more codes)

So I've lost my computer in the past (differnt problem) which a friend has help out or the phone. Oh ya twice it's happened..... I had to format both times so I don't want to lose it again.

Are you able to help me out?

Thanks,
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the MSKB:
Quote:
Stop 0x000000ED
Unmountable_Boot_Volume

The normal recovery process in such a case is to run the chkdsk /r command from Recovery Console, and then continue.

Are you sure it's stopping you before you can boot into the XP install disc? Check that your boot order is correct in the BIOS (CD/DVD, then HDD). This problem relates to the HDD, so booting to the CD drive should not trigger a blue screen with the above STOP code.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you don't have anything silly like a USB key in there and it's booting to that first.
OR that you have a LAN cable plugged into it and it's trying to boot from a network image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well that was onix-pected.
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
Canada
Ottawa-ish
Ontario
flag msg tools
hjo3 wrote:
From the MSKB:
Quote:
Stop 0x000000ED
Unmountable_Boot_Volume

The normal recovery process in such a case is to run the chkdsk /r command from Recovery Console, and then continue.

Are you sure it's stopping you before you can boot into the XP install disc? Check that your boot order is correct in the BIOS (CD/DVD, then HDD). This problem relates to the HDD, so booting to the CD drive should not trigger a blue screen with the above STOP code.

xCELLent work!!!!!!!!!!!! You got it with the /r. It took a looonnngg time to do it but you got it! If I have GeekGold you'd be getting it!

THANK YOU SO MUCH,
David, Sarah & baby Sophie and the little boy Lotus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ordago wrote:

AHHHHH!!!! It's a giant penguin! RUN!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockett wrote:
hjo3 wrote:
From the MSKB:
Quote:
Stop 0x000000ED
Unmountable_Boot_Volume

xCELLent work!!!!!!!!!!!! You got it with the /r. It took a looonnngg time to do it but you got it! If I have GeekGold you'd be getting it!

THANK YOU SO MUCH,
Picked up the tab for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
Crockett wrote:
hjo3 wrote:
From the MSKB:
Quote:
Stop 0x000000ED
Unmountable_Boot_Volume

THANK YOU SO MUCH,

Haha, thank you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
Canada
Ottawa-ish
Ontario
flag msg tools
Cringing Dragon wrote:

Thank you if I had some GG you'd be getting it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.