Stefan Daniels
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least until next month.

I ask for recommendations and jeez... the CC goes down in flames. First Viktory II. "Okay", I says to myself, "That's a good purchase. I feel good about my purchase. There is lots of goodness here."

And then IT starts in. You all know IT. Probably by first name too. IT creeps in the back of ones brain. IT speaks quietly and says, "Hey, buddy. See if there's anything else of quality that you just might have missed." (IT is such a bastard). So, I nonchalently post asking for indie-manufacturing/devlopment games/companies. Now, there's not a lot of recommendations (not that I was expecting a landslide) but crap, every single link I hit IT slaps me upside the back of the head and in that 'Wiley Coyote, gotta new pair of Acme rocket skates, now I'm gonna skin that blue-beeper bird alive' kinda way, smiles. No, smiles is too nice a word. IT smirks. IT knows I can't resist a game that looks exactly like Biblios. Oh, crap. The fingers start to tremble and with a schizophrenic possession-like quality, they start to direct the mouse... all by themselves (what can I do, how can I fight against an otherworldly entity... especially one as strong and devious as IT?) Click, click. Oh, good. It's not available at the moment. But we'll just put ourselves on the 'when available, please notify' email list. Good enough. IT's outta the system. Control once again.

Next post pops up with another few recommendations. I resist... at least for a while. Curiosity. Can't really hurt to take a quick peek. Just a 'thin, tiny little waffer'. Elemental Rift. Le sigh. Fine, you win. One more purchase. It's a damn good price too. That's okay. I've got a few weeks before I've got to explain the CC bill to the wife and if all goes well, I'll already have the games and have conviced her that 'WE' absolutely need them in 'OUR' collection (cause what's mine is hers and what's hers is ours), and 'wow, these are great games' (I can here the roar of the crowd in a standing ovation. Cheers all around. 'Hail the conquering Hero! Huzzah for the barkeep - um, wrong daydream).

Okay, that's over. Two games. Finito. Reality returns. Actually, reality slams into the back of my brain. What's a little money, eh?

Oh no. Another link. Timber Tom. I officially hate you all (in that loving and beautiful way). FINE! Now I'm purchasing outta spite. I'm taking IT head on. Eat your heart out IT you smarmy bugger, two can play at this game (You're a duck, I'm a duck. You're a duck, I'm a duck. You're a rabbit, I'm a rabbit... aw shucks!@!).

I am humbled before my passion (read: obsession). Oh well. At least if the power goes out I'll have a really good selection of games

IT:Anyone got anymore recommendations for good indie-game developers/designers? hehehehehehehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lindelos wrote:
IT:Anyone got anymore recommendations for good indie-game developers/designers? hehehehehehehe

Just wait till IT says, "Ok, now you need a few Ameritrash games...and some cooperative games...a few dexterity games... a selection of party games, and...finally...I wonder what this wargame thing is all about."

You're toast. Welcome to the club. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Goodier
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a little trick that makes you feel good about IT. The prerequisite to this trick is that you've just made a large online purchase. For example, just yesterday my delivery of Cuba, Chicago Express, Red November, and Leonardo da Vinci arrived from an online retailer. After opening all games and examining each and every exquisite bit, i went to my local FLGS. Here i found the games i just purchased online for close to twice what i just spent! Suddenly i feel like a genius for getting such a great deal on these 4 games. Of course because i saved all that money, i purchase a copy of Wasabi! from my FLGS because of how practical I've been.

Repeat this process every other week. No need to thank me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Qualey
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really have a problem.

I had two orders in transit this morning from different locations, and I placed an order from a third (and new location) today!

Boards and Bits for a huge order
Funagain for a game grant order
Noble Knight (new to me) for some out-of-print and surprisingly good priced items

I think I've had enough for now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Taylor
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
Talk to me when you break the 300 mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Hillep
Estonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Your first sentence

Anyway yeah...You're screwed. There's nothing we can do but You can always seek professional medical help. Maybe they'll tie You up until the madness has passed... but in that case You'll never get out of there.

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the solution. It's a great solution. An awesome solution. It will solve all your problems.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Give me all of your money. Every paycheck goes to me. I will take care of everything for you. You won't have to worry anymore. You tell me what food you need, I'll buy it online with your money and have it delivered. Mortgage needs to be paid, I'll write the check and mail it. Don't worry. Everything will be A O K.
ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
mileser wrote:
I have the solution. It's a great solution. An awesome solution. It will solve all your problems.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Give me all of your money. Every paycheck goes to me. I will take care of everything for you. You won't have to worry anymore. You tell me what food you need, I'll buy it online with your money and have it delivered. Mortgage needs to be paid, I'll write the check and mail it. Don't worry. Everything will be A O K.
ninja

I'm guessing you work for the government.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Sr
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own about 13 games that I have bought in the last year. I have covered all the categories so I can scratch any gaming itch at any time

...accept a train game..I need a train game......how about [thing=38480][/thing]?
Hmmm.

I need a Gateway game to get friends started on this hobby. I better throw in Catan.

There that's it...oh I forgot the Sci-fi exploration game. add Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) and Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shattered Empire I need a simpler type for when I don't have 6 hours. I better toss in Galactic Emperor too.

Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game will be like my War of the Ring (First Edition) but for 4 players, I'll have to have that.

Unnamed Object...
Runebound (Second Edition)...
Europe Engulfed...
Pandemic...
loved "Highlander" and "Brave Heart" I need Hammer of the Scots

OK, Give me just another month then I'll be there. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Daniels
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neverwhere68 wrote:

OK, Give me just another month then I'll be there. Right?:p

Yup, just one more month. That's all I need (reaches for the wallet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually chuckled when I read this title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a list of over 100 must haves for 2008. By Christmas I had almost every want on the list filled. I cringe looking at how much I spent, but even so my must have list has grown to over 100 games again. I can only hope someday I'll become obsessed over growing earthworms or something that won't cause my wallet to scream every time I pull it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My IT absolutely *hates* to pay for shipping...you know what that means...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/mycollection?wishlis...

Come on people, if you sent just one each...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Hinman
United States
Leawood
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My IT has been very bad this year. My situation is prime for IT action. I'm deployed in Iraq and have significant disposiable income so i've been indulging in the time honored tradition of "rounding out" my collection. Counting pre-orders and some flismy rationalizations my IT has added 70+ titles to my already too big collection. The worse part is i have not touched any of them since buying them. They are all stacked in there orginal packing in a closet at home. The wife can only grumble so much as she has "rounded out" a few of her indulgences with my extra income. I can only hope that 70 plus games in their boxes will keep the IT way for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/mycollection?wishlis...

Come on people, if you sent just one each...

Wow, that looks an awful lot like MY wishlist! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Re: That's it. I'm DONE buying anything more...

Have you considered thievery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Murphy
United States
Manassas
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like my wish list too! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, once you take a bite of the apple there's no going back. Dexter fans might call "IT" his or her "Dark Passenger". Mine got the best of me yesterday and my wallet is lighter as a result.

My Dark Passenger doesn't like to pay for shipping either. You're welcome, Caylus Magna Carta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willco wrote:
My IT absolutely *hates* to pay for shipping...you know what that means...

You got that right!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Daniels
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, "Dark Passenger". At least that idea was handled far better in the tv show than it was in the books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefen my Man - of course I would ask what length of game do you enjoy the most, and your wife? How many people will you play with at the most, is there a lot or a little 2 player games in your life.

You have Found Small Box Games I see - get Dirge when it comes out, and get it fast I play on buying 3-5 right out the door, this one is a must for me, I really enjoy his Politico a lot also it is actually a really fun 3-4 person game, and pretty easy to teach to newbies.

Carcassonne - now get Carcassonne: Expansion 1 – Inns & Cathedrals &Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders these are great expansions for the game that will change up the game and can be used together for a longer more layered game.

If you life ZOmbies -- Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is a must, this one is just really really fun, and so much replayability, a good zombie game is a must and this is the cream of the crop for me.

Conquest of the Fallen Lands is a independent co. that has a amazing underrated game on there hands there, it is really fun, has 2 version, check out my review and my last session report when i finally play the advanced game - the basic game is not basic and the 2 are really different in enough ways that you have 2 very good games there.

GUBS: A Game of Wit and Luck a great fun light fast filler game really worth having, just so much fun, jsut bought 5 for Christmas presents for friends who just love it.

Your Welcome IT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleitus the Black wrote:
lindelos wrote:

Just wait till IT says, "Ok, now you need a few Ameritrash games...and some cooperative games...a few dexterity games... a selection of party games, and...finally...I wonder what this wargame thing is all about."

You're toast. Welcome to the club. devil

It doesn't end there:

* 2 player games
* 3-5 player games
* 6+ player games

... and so on ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.