Popular Tags: [View All]
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second iteration of BSG as WW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battlestar Galactica
Rules

Characters

William Adama: Military May view a player each night to see if they are Military/Not Military. He will receive a random N0 view, either Military or Not Military. Begins with the title of Admiral. If Adama’s Executive Officer dies, he may choose a new Executive Officer by Character name rather than the title passing down by Military rank (the chosen Character must have the Military trait). (Trait Seer)

Colonel Saul Tigh: Military, Cylon Begins the game with 7 shots of whiskey. Each night he must take a shot of whiskey or his vote the next day counts as .5 . He may take two shots of whiskey instead of one to make his vote count 1.5 the following day. Instead of imbibing the shot, he may give it to another player to cause their vote the next day to count as .5 less than it normally would. Some characters will be affected differently by the whiskey shot as noted below. Tigh may not pass a shot of whiskey if he imbibes any, unless he has a chat room with Ellen (see below). Begins with the title of Executive Officer. (Variable Vote Manipulation)

Lieutenant Karl "Helo" Agathon: Military When the first of William Adama, Laura Roslin or D’Anna Biers dies, Helo will assume that person’s ability to view at night for the appropriate trait (i.e. If Adama is the first of the three to die, Helo will gain the ability to view for Military/Not Military beginning the following Night; if Laura Roslin is the first of the three to die, Helo will gain the ability to look for Civilian/Not Civilian beginning the following Night). Helo will only take over for the first person to die who can view for traits and will not gain that person's past views. (Back-Up Trait Seer)

Major Lee "Apollo" Adama: Military Apollo and Starbuck begin the game as Masons. After Starbuck’s Special Destiny ability triggers, the chat is closed. If Apollo becomes President or Vice President, he becomes Civilian and loses his status as Military. May run for President and be named as Vice President even though he does not have the Civilian trait. (Mason)

Lieutenant Felix Gaeta: Military Once per game Gaeta may make a Safe List of three players before Dusk. If Gaeta is Good, those players may not be night killed on the following night. If Gaeta is Evil, those players' powers will work the opposite of their intended effect that evening (i.e. Adama, Roslin, D'Anna and Helo (if applicable) will see the incorrect result, Six will get random results, Cottle's/Athena's announcement will be randomly incorrect, Starbuck and Anders (if applicable) will not be Tough against Night kill, Tory and Mathias will get a random incorrect Character name, Zarek's kill will land on a random person if he uses it, if Tigh passes whiskey it will go to a random player; obviously only the three players targeted will be affected). (Innkeeper)

Captain Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Military Apollo and Starbuck begin the game as Masons. If Starbuck receives a shot of whiskey from Tigh, she is unaffected by it. Special Destiny: The first time Starbuck is lynched or Night killed, she survives and her Mason chat with Apollo is closed. (Tough/Mason)

Ensign Samuel T. Anders: Military , Cylon Anders will survive one lynch if he is Evil or one Night kill if he is Good. He begins the game knowing who Starbuck is. (Half-Tough/One-Way Mason w/o Chat)

Chief Petty Officer Galen Tyrol: Military, Civilian, Cylon The Chief may move one person’s vote via mod chat once per Day. If the Chief receives a shot of whiskey from Tigh he will be unaffected. (Vote Mover)

Lieutenant Sharon "Athena" Agathon: Military, Cylon There is no possibility that Athena will be on the Evil team. If Cottle dies, Athena gains his ability provided that she's still alive. (White Hat)

Doctor Cottle: Military, Civilian Must choose a different category each Night: Military, Civilian or Cylon and cannot repeat a category until all three have been named. The mod will report how many Evils remain in that category at Dawn. If Cottle receives a shot of whiskey from Tigh he will be unaffected. (Evils-Number Detector)

Sergeant Erin Mathias: Military Each night Mathias chooses a player and is told that player’s Character; she will not receive a N0 view. Mathias and Tory will not both be Evil, but may both be Good. (Character Seer)

The preceding Characters are in Military Rank Order.

Dr. Gaius Baltar: Civilian As long as Baltar is alive, Evils will be revealed upon death (Character names will always be revealed upon death). Cowardice: If Baltar would be lynched, his Character is instead revealed and the second-place vote-getter is lynched. This is a one-shot ability to survive a lynch. Baltar is unaffected by Tigh's Whiskey. (Passive Priest)

Laura Roslin: Civilian May view a player each night to see if they are Civilian/Not Civilian. She will receive a random N0 view, either Civilian or Not Civilian. Dying Leader: Roslin’s vote counts as .5 from Day 2 onward. Roslin begins the game with 4 doses of Kamala Root extract. She may consume a dose at Night to make her vote count as 1.5 for the following Day, but her view the Night she takes the dose has a 33% chance of failing (she will be told if it fails). Begins with the title of President. (Trait Seer)

Tom Zarek: Civilian Once per game Zarek may kill another player during the Night. Begins with the title of Vice President. (Vigilante/Civilian Mayor)

Tory Foster: Civilian, Cylon Each night Tory chooses a player and is told that player’s Character. She will not receive a N0 view. Tory and Mathias will not both be Evil, but may both be Good. (Character Seer)

Caprica Six: Civilian, Cylon Has a one-way chat room with Baltar in which she can speak but he cannot. She will be told whether a person who is lynched is Evil, regardless of whether Baltar is alive. (Back-Up Priest)

D’Anna Biers: Civilian, Cylon May view a player each night to see if they are Cylon/Not Cylon. She will receive a random N0 view, either Cylon or Not Cylon. Begins the game with the title Cylon Visionary. (Trait Seer)

Ellen Tigh: Civilian Each night (including N0) Ellen names a Character and a list of 5 players. If the Character is in that list of players, Ellen gains 100 Cubits. She can do several different things with Cubits:

200 Cubits = Colonel Saul Tigh receives 2 more shots of Whiskey. (Use during Day only)
200 Cubits = One player begins the Day with 1.5 votes on them (this is not public until the final vote tally). (Use during Night only).
300 Cubits = Protect someone from Night Kill for one Night/Nullify any protection from Night Kill one player has for one Night (Use during Day only).
500 Cubits = Learn the identity of one random Evil or Seer (Ellen's choice) at Dawn if Ellen is still alive then (Use during Night only).

Ellen may perform only one action requiring Cubits per Day/Night cycle. If Ellen is Evil, she will not be allowed to name Characters that she knows are Evil.

If Ellen receives a shot of whiskey from Tigh, her vote is permanently reduced to .5 and she and Tigh gain a chat room until Tigh runs out of Whiskey. If Ellen receives a shot of whiskey from Tigh after the first, her vote counts as 1 default. Once Ellen and Tigh share a chat room, Tigh may pass a shot of whiskey to Ellen even if he imbibes during the Night.

Sharon "Boomer" Valerii: Cylon Boomer's vote counts as .5 unless she votes on the same person as another Cylon. Boomer submits the name of a player each Night. If that player is Athena, Tyrol or Helo, she learns that player's identity.

Evils

The Evils that share a chat room will collectively decide one player per Night to kill.

Hidden Evil: This baddie will never be included in Cottle’s/Athena's daily report. Shares a chat room with Evil.

Seeker Evil: This baddie views a player every Night to see if s/he has a viewing power; will receive a random negative view N0. Will get a positive hit on William Adama, Laura Roslin, D’Anna Biers, Tory Foster or Sergeant Erin Matthias (will also receive a positive hit on Helo if he has assumed a Trait Seer power). Shares a chat room with Evil.

Angry Evil: This baddie’s vote is unaffected by any sort of vote manipulation (if Roslin is the Angry Evil, her vote counts as 1 by default; if Boomer is the Angry Evil, her counts as 1 by default plus .5 if she takes Kamala with the Seer view taintability remaining, even if she doesn't vote with a fellow Cylon; if Ellen Tigh is the Angry Evil, her vote will count as 1 by default even if Tigh passes her a shot of whiskey -- they will still get the chat room, etc.). Shares a chat room with Evil.

Manipulator Evil: Each Night after N0, the Manipulator Evil may name a Character and a player. That player will be viewed as if s/he were that Character by all Seer-types (fake traits and all). Shares a chat room with Evil.

Sleeper: When the first baddie who shares a chat room with Evil dies, a random Good will become Evil and begin sharing a chat room with Evil. To be clear, this role will NOT be assigned at the beginning of the game, but when a chat-room-sharing Evil dies, I will choose a random Good (except Athena) to become a chat-room-sharing Evil and that player's victory conditions will change to mirror those of the Evil team. (Cub)

Sympathizer: This baddie does not share a chat room with Evil but will know the members of Evil chat at all times. Does not count for parity. (Traitor)

Victory Conditions

Evil wins when they reach parity.

Non-Evil wins when all non-Sympathizer Evils are dead.

Titles

Admiral:
1) Once per game the Admiral may decide the lynch result in lieu of the usual vote (this is a once-per-game ability and if it is used it may not be used again even if a new Character becomes Admiral). The Admiral must order this special lynch before Dusk and thus may not override a pardon from the President (which happens after Dusk).

2) This title passes down Military rank order. Decides ties when two or more Characters that do not share at least one trait between/among them are tied for lynch. (Mayor)

Executive Officer:
Decides ties when two or more Military are tied for lynch. Passes down Military rank order. (Military Mayor)

President:
1) Once per game the President may decide to Pardon the lynch victim (including him- or herself). This results in the second-place vote-getter being lynched instead (this is a once-per-game ability and if it is used it may not be used again even if a new Character becomes President). The President may not pardon the Admiral's one-shot override lynch victim. The President chooses whether to pardon a lynch victim after the updated vote tally is revealed.

2)The President may have his/her vote count double by telling the mod in mod chat before Dusk, but loses his/her vote the following day.

3)When the President dies, any Character with the Civilian trait may PM the mod and announce their intention to seek election to the presidency. The mod will announce the Characters seeking election and all players will vote in the thread by Character name. Ties will be decided by the Vice President. Elections will only take place during the Day. If a lynch kills the President, the election will happen in tandem with the next Day’s lynch voting. If for some reason no one runs for President, the title will be given to a random Civilian (including Apollo in the pool of possible candidates). On the off chance that the President and Vice President both die in the night (i.e. One is the Night kill target and Zarek kills the other), ties will be decided by the Admiral. (One-Time Lynch Bodyguard/Vote Power Shifter)

Vice President:
1) Decides ties when two or more Civilians are tied for lynch.

2) When a new President is elected, the new President names a Vice President by Character name and the title passes to that player (the President may elect to have the current Vice President remain as Vice President). If the Vice President dies, the President names a new Character to receive the title. The Character the President chooses (in any case) must have the Civilian trait or be Apollo. (Civilian Mayor)

Cylon Visionary:
Decides ties when two or more Cylons are tied for lynch. When the Cylon Visionary is killed, this title will pass to a random living Character with the Cylon trait. (Cylon Mayor)

To summarize: Any of the listed Characters can be Evil. Characters will be assigned to players randomly and then Evil roles will be assigned to players randomly. I reserve the right to tweak the randomness a bit to preserve game balance, but don't read anything into that.

Lynch: 8 p.m. BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 11 p.m. BGG Time
1. Please do not use any scripts to pre-schedule a post.
2. There is no hidden information in this game.
3. There will not, after all, be events in this game.
4. Players are encouraged to participate and will be replaced if they do not post in a 24-hour period.
5. Adjusted vote totals will be posted publicly.

Let the questions begin; I know I'm always leaving something out that makes sense in my head, but doesn't transfer telepathically!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frakkin' toasters.

In. (So long as this starts no earlier than second week of February)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if I knew how to make Cassy cooperate, there would be a sign-up post with a link. It would also tell you that I intend to start 2009-03-30.

It's a while off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
acekim
Ardneh42
bwt2q
Dispaminite
Gregarius
JCwid
Joseph Hill
kimapesan
LuckayLuck
Melsana
nyriv
pbwedz
rjphelan
seanp
slyde
SybotCB
TheSparky
Vox_Dargard
xandryyte

19 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/3731...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassandra Project wrote:
This post is where the player list will be updated as players sign up using Cassandra. http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/3731...

Success! I'm old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'm going to shamelessly bump/plug this for the nonce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:

There goes my plans for this idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In you hot thing kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just found out I was a Cylon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
greek2me wrote:

As mine, but I might do it at a later date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pbwedz wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
greek2me wrote:

There's enough BSG to go around.

I definitely want to include some elements of the board game, but my focus will be on the mythos of the show and character development.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:
pbwedz wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
greek2me wrote:

There's enough BSG to go around.

I definitely want to include some elements of the board game, but my focus will be on the mythos of the show and character development.

Frackin' Skinjob!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, Cassy didn't post my comment even though it added me to the player list. So, I'll re-post:

Please don't make me the imaginary Six in Baltar's head this time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wengler
United States
Hampton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Say We All!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reserve the right to back out if I don't like the rules or the timing, but the first one was one of my favorites because the theme just sooooo fits the paranoia of a WW game more than any other theme could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea if spoilers will play out during the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:

Good question. I don't think I can do what I want to do without SOME spoilers, but I won't match characters from the show with what actually happens to them in the game, if that makes sense.

For example: If Admiral Adama had turned out to be a Martian in the show, I might still have someone turn out to be a Martian, but assign that "character template" to some other character.

So you might find out what happened, but not who was involved, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
OMFG, Greek, I can't believe that you just revealed that Admiral Adama is in fact from Mars...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:
le_cygne wrote:

Good question. I don't think I can do what I want to do without SOME spoilers, but I won't match characters from the show with what actually happens to them in the game, if that makes sense.

For example: If Admiral Adama had turned out to be a Martian in the show, I might still have someone turn out to be a Martian, but assign that "character template" to some other character.

So you might find out what happened, but not who was involved, etc.

Hmm... if it comes from season 4 I'm not sure I want to even have that much of a spoiling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Melsana wrote:

Hmm... if it comes from season 4 I'm not sure I want to even have that much of a spoiling.

Yea me neither! I'm only up to the end of season three...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all caught up now. So you can't spoil anything for me!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
greek2me wrote:
This will be the second iteration of BSG as WW. There are no rules, or roles yet.

Do you have a link to the first iteration? Forum search turns up nothing for me.

I'm interested, but I want to know if this is going to be too complex for my little head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
This looks like a blast!

Signed up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [35] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.