Subject: Two Quick Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Levy
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
1)Since weapons are useless in a melee, if I am about go to into one I don't want to lose my weapon. One choice is to hand it off to a fellow soldier before diving in, but if there are none around, can I just put id down on the ground by itself (i.e. leave it behind) and then come back and get it later?

2)In scenario 3, special rule 4, my card G-65 is not sappers it is Demlotions. Is this a mistake? Not sure which card I should use, sappers or G-65.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. You can only pass it off with a 1MP expenditure in Move Order or destroy it. In CC this is restricted to Advance orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Santos
Spain
Santiago de Compostela
Galicia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no sappers Card. The Demolitions card allows you do destroy a fortification (in most cases wire) in a hex occupied by one of your units... which is what sappers usually do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1)Since weapons are useless in a melee, if I am about go to into one I don't want to lose my weapon. One choice is to hand it off to a fellow soldier before diving in, but if there are none around, can I just put id down on the ground by itself (i.e. leave it behind) and then come back and get it later?

No. Weapons can only be (a) handed off during a Move order at the cost of 1 MP or (b) voluntarily eliminated (and placed on the casualty track). CC has no mechanism for unpossessed weapons.

Quote:
2)In scenario 3, special rule 4, my card G-65 is not sappers it is Demlotions. Is this a mistake? Not sure which card I should use, sappers or G-65.

"Sappers" is nothing but an evocative title for that particular special rule. It means nothing in game terms. The rule is correct as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coalie wrote:

Apart from the fact that you cannot leave weapons lying around you cannot transfer a weapon to another unit as you have to move into melee with an advance order and as advance ignores Movement Points you cannot use 1 MP to transfer a weapon to another unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.