Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Slovak flag...proud 7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to find a copy of Sorry! Sliders at my family’s thrift store in Michigan over the winter break. I was "chauffeuring" my younger brother around all week while our parents were gone, so we were the only ones home.

The day I bought the game, I opened it up, read the rules in three minutes, and set it up, just waiting for Jacob to want to play. I practiced a bit, sliding my roller pawns down the track. I flung them as fast as they would go.

Finally, "Okay, I’m ready."

We played with the blue board, "Race for Home." Jacob slid a few pawns down the track to practice, but I was confident I’d win, having done more practicing. Besides, it was my game. Why wouldn’t I?

Jacob won. "Let’s play again," he suggests. I won. Jacob set up the tracks with the 2-player crazy corner setup, again with the blue board. Jake was taking careful aim with each pawn, successfully knocking me off the 4 or 5 point space each time I landed there. Jacob won.

"Let’s try a different board now..." We’re both pretty "nice" when it comes to gaming, so we tried the yellow board, "Instant Home." Jacob got two instant homes that game, and I got one. Let’s just say my brother is better at dexterity games than I.

In case you couldn’t tell at this point, he really likes the game. We had a go at "Instant Sorry" and Jacob gleefully knocked my pretty yellow pawn into the hole. Twice. But I never managed to reciprocate.

We had to head off to Jake’s basketball game (they won!) and when we returned, Jacob wanted to play again, so we played all the boards--we found we like "Danger Dots" even less than "Instant Sorry"-- the blue board with the quadruple track. We, however, use the whole first track as the "instant foul" line because otherwise it’s just too hard... and flinging pawns is part of the fun! If you’ve guessed that Jacob won those games as well, give me a geekgold... because you’re right.

Later that week, my friend Mary came over. This is Mary who-doesn’t-like-to-play-games-because-she-doesn’t-like-to-think, even though I’ve tried many times. So, "Mary, I have a new game you’ll like. You don’t have to think. Really."

We played with the basic blue board. Mary won. No, she hadn’t even practiced. Finally, Jacob had an opponent! We flipped over to the red board. Jacob won. We played with the triple track. I won, finally! Then, I moved off to let them two battle it out over a few more games. Three games a day is plenty, especially when we’d played twice as many the day before!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arden Nelson Jr.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it is a fun game to get played so frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.