Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Poltergeist and Druid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leafar Angel
United States
New York
flag msg tools
1. Can you remain with the Poltergeist after you cross a river? The card says you "Can only discard" but must you discard?

2. Can Druid change his alignment whenever he wants even after an event is taking place? or he may do so in the begining or end of his turn (before taking any adventure cards)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ar_Pi wrote:
1. Can you remain with the Poltergeist after you cross a river? The card says you "Can only discard" but must you discard?

Last sentence on the card: "You must then discard it." Seems pretty clear .

Quote:
2. Can Druid change his alignment whenever he wants even after an event is taking place? or he may do so in the begining or end of his turn (before taking any adventure cards)?

Druid's card say "at will" and has always been played that you can change alignment after drawing an adventure card, thus enabling him to gain the benefits from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leafar Angel
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Actually my card says "You can then discard it".

I have the non-revised edition. Can you confirm yours says "Must"? (You have revised btw?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, looks like they added "must" to the Revised version. BI version indeed doesn't have "must".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leafar Angel
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Dam the Man wrote:
Yeah, looks like they added "must" to the Revised version. BI version indeed doesn't have "must".

ok. Thanks Rauli.

It seems like i've cheated my way to victory by hoping 1 space and collecting all that I need (especially since i was using an Assassin ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you haven't heard of the Revised Assassin then yuk ? Used to be that he couldn't Assassinate cards he just drew, only those already face-up that he landed on, has been changed to include any cards, even drawn ones. Only time he doesn't get to Assassinate if another char moves onto him and initiates battle gulp .

Needless to say, I've "blanked" that bit out of my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leafar Angel
United States
New York
flag msg tools
damn that's bull. I read that they also nerfed the raiders :/ i mean wtf!

I think i'm going to get the Revised edition and mix the cards with the BI.

On other topic, is that Fate thingy is any good addition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ar_Pi wrote:
damn that's bull. I read that they also nerfed the raiders :/ i mean wtf!

I think i'm going to get the Revised edition and mix the cards with the BI.

Yeah, Raiders got their nuts hacked off (take all Gold, but no Objects), but on the plus side, unless you use an optional rule (from the rulebook), you can't Evade things like Witch, Raiders, etc anymore.

Forget about mixing cards, they are of totally different size. There is a pic somewhere, maybe in the rewiews of the Upgrade pack that shows the difference. Personally, since I only got the Upgrade, I keep the cards + stuff in the BI box, so on the bottom of one of the holders, I keep the BI Raiders to pull out when the new Raiders are drawn.

Quote:

Not a fan, but since I haven't and won't patch my BI board (only using Village errata from the Upgrade handout), there is no on-board Refreshing of it, only from encounters. Suffice to say that Toading used to be around 1/game, current stat is 1 Toad in 10 games shake .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
The assassin buff is ridiculous. No way on earth that he can assassinate stuff that attacks him; only things he attacks.

Ar_Pi wrote:

It rocks. Truly. It really makes the game more fun. I didn't think so at first, but I really like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.