Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the entry has a 60 minute game length... but I see others claiming much longer.

How long does one race take with 4-5 players, on say the basic set up?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About an hour; allow an hour and a half just to be sure. The basic setup's pretty quick, though. If you play with four, use just two riders each; use one rider each if playing with five. It's not a particularly long game, but the first game might see people dithering about when to break away; byyour second game, asking everyone around the table if they are breaking away will take mere moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Menovich
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took us 3 1/2 hours for the 1st race. Of coarse we always double the required time due to strong drink and a couple of slow players. It also dodn't help 3 people broke away from the start so most of the race was working out the mechanics of moving riders, They all realized the mistake so should stay in the peleton longer next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uisge Beatha
Scotland
flag msg tools
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
badge
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
mb

Meno1074 wrote:
It took us 3 1/2 hours for the 1st race.

Wow. I'm staggered you managed to take that long - though I can see how very early breakaways would lead to a longer game. How many players did you have and how many riders each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kazaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anywhere from 20 minutes (2 players, 4-5 tiles) to 4 hours (4-5 players, 21 tiles, early breakaway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Menovich
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic wrote:

Meno1074 wrote:
It took us 3 1/2 hours for the 1st race.

Wow. I'm staggered you managed to take that long - though I can see how very early breakaways would lead to a longer game. How many players did you have and how many riders each?

6 Players(one prone to analysis Paralysis) two riders each and probably too much beer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.