California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about both these bonuses. It says that Omni must rotate its Spacionave to get card on SPACEPORT and Oceanica does same with Minisub on STYGIAN PORT.

But the text on Omni says it must rotate its initial Spacionave, Oceanica does not say that. Can either or both rotate ANY Spaceionave or Minisub or does it have to be the original one they get when the game starts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Allwood
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only circumstance I can see this happening is if you've somehow lost your original one and have gained a new one somehow or got it back. In either case I would have thought that whenever you have a Spacionave or Minisub card you can tap them to activate their bonuses at Spaceport or Stygian Port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I think the ability belongs to the property itself, not the corporation. I don't think the corporations really have powers, just their initial cards (I would thus assume that if either corp lost their vehicle they wouldn't be able to profit from the power, even if the vehicle were replaced by another one).

I would just like to point out how sad it is that posts about this game have thus far failed to say Roboasistente. Roboasistente is an awesome word, and it is fun to say. Amongst my group, we believe that this game should be renamed Roboasistente, much as Andrew Looney renamed Klunker to Shaufenster.
If need be, we could instead refer to the game as "El juego del Roboasistente," instead of merely Roboasistente.
A mi me gusta el Roboasistente.
Ahem. Sorry for the interruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it could be that Omni is the only exception and only its original Spacionave will activate the power. While Oceanica can have any sub to activate its power. If you read the letter of the rules then that would be the way to read it. But if you look at the cards themselves the Omni and Oceanica versions have different icons so I'm inclined to think you must use their original one like Mark suggested. Since the rules have tons of inconsistant wording issues I'm inclined to believe the card symbols over the rules.

Hopefully we'll get a rules comment from Marta.

I can see this happening. Say you tapped your original sub in Zone 1 to get that bonus, now want to use your special ability in Zone 7 but have another sub you picked up in zone 5. But now you can't since you don't have your original sub available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marta Cervera
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am very sorry. The text says "If Oceanica controls zone 7 and rotates its additional Minisub, it receives an additional Opportunity card"
Of course, it should say "Its initial Minisub" (the Spanish version is correct, I don´t know what I was thinking when I made the other one)blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcoIris wrote:
I am very sorry. The text says "If Oceanica controls zone 7 and rotates its additional Minisub, it receives an additional Opportunity card"
Of course, it should say "Its initial Minisub" (the Spanish version is correct, I don´t know what I was thinking when I made the other one)blush

Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.