Subject: The Comeback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Goodier
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Conky and I sat down for a game of Lost Cities. This was an impromptu game session as both our wives seem to get a little unhappy when we play more than one night per week. We played on Thursday night, so playing two nights later could have serious repercussions on the family front. But considering how many games we own collectively that we've never played, we're going to have play a lot more than once a week to get through them all. (this sounds like it has the makings of a geeklist, so i'll just get into the session report.)

Conky and i collected are 8 starting cards in round 1 and as soon as i looked at them i knew i was in trouble. I had four 9's, three different colored handshakes and a deuce. Not good. I played it as best i could. I discarded a red multiplier card only to draw another one. I eventually played two white multipliers figuring i would get lucky with one color. Meanwhile i had discarded two more red multipliers along the way. As i tried to play low blue cards, i watched in horror as Conky took three turns picking up the red multiplier cards. Meanwhile i struggled to score any points and by the end of round 1 i was lucky to stay on the positive side.

Round 1 Score Conky - 57 Me - 3

Round 2 began much more promising. I had some low cards and a couple of multipliers. I was able to chip away at Conky's lead and by the time the second round was over i cut the lead by more than half.

Round 2 Conky - 97 Me - 67

When round 3 started i figured i should just flood my side of the board with cards and force Conky to either discard cards i could use or waste hand space. This strategy panned out well for me....the strategy and some luck on my side. I had single multipliers on 2 colors and 3x multiplier on red. I had a bunch of low cards on my side as well and was able to use that to my advantage. When the round was over i had scored in all colors except green, including a 60 point monstrosity in the red adventure. Conky also scored a decent number of points for a single hand, but that doesn't really matter when your opponent nets over 100 points in a single round.

Final Score Conky - 136 Me - 176

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.