Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be a long shot but the resourcefulness of the Geek never ceases to amaze me. From 1972-1981 a gaming magazine was published in the UK called Games and Puzzles.It was fantastic for it's time and opened up a whole new world to us fledgeling gamers. I managed to colllect issues 1-77 but did not manage to get the last 4.Following a rush of nostalgia (as you get at my age!)I am looking to see if anyone on the Geek might know where I could acquire any or all of these issues or might have them in the attic and would be willing to sell or trade them to me. If there was one of the blue binders going I would also be interested in that.

Anway I have thrown the pebble in the pond and it will be interesting to see if there are any ripples.

In the meantime great gaming

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Google search for Games & puzzles magazine finds hardly anything and this once great magazine is in danger of disappearing for good.
I wish I had those issues Jim. I'd scan them and put them on the web as pdf versions, for no other reason than to preserve them for prosperity.
I wonder who has the copyrights for them to ask their permission to do this? I know Eric Solomon and Dave Pritchard had input into the magazine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Thomson
United States
Prescott
AZ
flag msg tools
mb
I have the complete set of "Games & Puzzles" magazine (#1 through #81)
Also have the subsequent replacement magazine "The Gamer" (#1 through #8)
I have no idea of the value of these magazines other than that I paid about $2 or $3 to acquire them in the Los Angeles are when living there 1963 to 1987. If there is interest I may be willing to sell all.

George Thomson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Read
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

I know you posted this several years ago, but I'm hoping you are still on Boardgame geek and may be able to answer a question I have.

I can remember buying a copy of Games and Puzzles in about 1979-81 that had in it the Avalon Hill version of Kingmaker (which I bought and still have). I think that magazine was also the first time I heard or read about the Rubik's cube.

I'd like to know which # of the magazine that was, and also I'd love to see a copy again.

The idea about digitising them as PDF's if someone could deal with the copyright issues (which must be nearly insignificant now anyway as it is more than 30 years ago) would be a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RE Kingmaker - see the wiki entry:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Games_and_Puzzles_Mag...

To summarise:
Issue 40 it was in the Gameview article
Issue 41 had more info
Issue 46 it was in the Forum
Issue 53 it was in the Playroom article
Issue 72 also had info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.