Popular Tags: [View All]
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing the Bug River scenario with my wife last night when a couple questions about the train came up.

1) If a train section is destroyed, and that section is carrying a unit, is the unit also destroyed and does that generate a medal?

2) Are the 2 train sections considered 2 units for the purposes of the Air Power card?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1, From the FAQ, the unit is lost but does not count as a medal.

2. From the FAQ, the train is one unit but either hex could be targeted. From this, I would say then that you must select only one hex when using Air Power. It could be either one if it would help with adjacency.

Source: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/faq_expansio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
From the faq

Q. In our game of the 'River Bug' scenario, the first move of the Russian player, the train was moved 2 hexes forward creating a 4 hex chain with the 2 infantry units, (those on the rail-line and those next to the woods). The confusion stems from the fact that hitting the train causes the wagon to be destroyed after 3 hits, and the locomotive after 4 hits, resulting in just one medal although it carries 2 infantry units.
A. You have it correct... the locomotive and car may each be attacked with an Air Power card. Three hits on a train destroys the car and on the 4th hit the locomotive is removed and placed on an empty Victory Medal stand space. Note that when a train pulls into a station after the car is destroyed will only unload one infantry unit.

so you can target both hexes with an air card. Roll one dice for both locomotive and carriage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.