Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks.

I'm a bit embarrassedblush that as a seasoned CoH player (circa 20 games under my belt) after a total read through of the revised rules, I have some queries. Apologies if they've been wrapped up elsewhere.

As the active player, you can:

Pass or

Activate a unit, and use APs. CAPs or Cards on that unit...

and then as many times as you want (or as cards, CAQPs or units you have permit) you can:

a) Play Cards

b) Use CAPs on used/unused units without affecting their status

c) Use Opportunity actions on any number of your units, flipping them as you do.

d) and then pass over to your opponent.

Questions:

1. Can you do any or all of the above regardless of whether your opponent decides to react? In other words, if my opponent is a Little Mac McLellan type and does nothing after each of my actions, could I, in theory, go through all of my units using a-d without passing to my opponent?

2. Can you do anything as an opportunity action? ie build a hasty defence? fire smoke? CC? rally? If the answer is yes, then that's interesting because an opportunity action to build a hasty defence which normally costs 7APs becomes far more valuable and worthwhile, than say, pivoting in a hex (which would normally cost only 1 AP).

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chou4555 wrote:
As the active player, you can:
Pass or...

a) Play Cards
b) Use CAPs on used/unused units without affecting their status
c) Use Opportunity actions on any number of your units, flipping them as you do.
d) and then pass over to your opponent.

Questions:
1. Can you do any or all of the above regardless of whether your opponent decides to react?... ...could I, in theory, go through all of my units using a-d without passing to my opponent?

Well, you can't do d without passing to your opponent And your opponent can only take one Opp. Action/reaction per Action (but including Group Actions) - on rereading the rules, it does appear that restriction does not apply to the acting player! But, yes, you can 'react' to your own actions, and in theory you could end up using all of your own units in one activation...
Quote:
2. Can you do anything as an opportunity action? ie build a hasty defence? fire smoke? CC? rally?

This one has been discussed before, and at that time the official answer was, yes, any action you can take using a single AP/CAP/Card action you can do as a reaction. Which does make some actions cheaper & easier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
you got it, Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gonzalez
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
As I recall the rules, the active player is not obligated to activate a unit before passing active player status to the other player. The active player could perform a command or opportunity action and then pass active player status to the other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.