Marcin S
Poland
Warszawa
EU
flag msg tools
M s b S
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have created a table that should be helpful for choosing the ingredients for your opponent. My file has just been submitted - see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo/38637. The table shows in how many recipes of each length each ingredient is present. I've also divided it in two - short recipes (2-3), and long recipes (4-5). If you know your opponent always starts with the long ones, you may give'em ingredients that have the lowest likelihood of being useful :-)

Do you have any strategy for selecting the three ingredients?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to say that this spreadsheet is amazingly identical to the one Adam and I created while we were designing and balancing the game. You could have saved yourself the trouble and asked me to email it to you!

Seriously though that's nice work. Nice to see people analyzing the game so deeply.

~Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin S
Poland
Warszawa
EU
flag msg tools
M s b S
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Outside Lime wrote:
I'd just like to say that this spreadsheet is amazingly identical to the one Adam and I created while we were designing and balancing the game. You could have saved yourself the trouble and asked me to email it to you!

Drat! I knew it! The results of my tiny statistical analysis were surprisingly balanced - just as if you had deliberately done the balancing!

Outside Lime wrote:
Seriously though that's nice work. Nice to see people analyzing the game so deeply.

Thanks! I know the game is quite light-hearted (which is one of things that make it so much fun). But a bit of an edge won't hurt, I suppose (especially if your wife mercilessly beat you in Wasabi! three times in a row).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.