Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Sims
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've some doubts, after reading the rules:

a)

11.4 "However, after resolving the Rout, Active Player may still have units qualified to move (as part of Group or Regrouping Moves already underway) ut as yet unmoved. These units are then moved to complete the Move(s) including through the hex jut Attacked (and now vacated of enemy units)"
So, I want to perform a Regroup move with 4 units. I have designated the Command Point and the Destination hex. To get,to the Destination hex, my forces have to go through the hex with an enemy disrupted units (first question: Can I designate the Dest-hex BEHIND disrupted unit?) My first three units rout the disrupted unit and stop. Second question: Does the fourth unit can overrun, pass through my three units, and go to the Destination Hex? Or maybe all the units participating in Regroup Move, have to end their move in the same hex?

b)

12.5 "Supply lines into battle hexes must pass through Friendly Battle Hexsides.Battle Hexsides are friendly to the side that last engaged across them, and control changes instantly" - Ok, so lets imagine a situation like that:
British forces were attacked by two german units through ONE hexside.The Battle hasn't been resolved yet - there is the Battlehex now. So, the german supply line pass through the Hexside, they were coming into the Battlehex. But,if the british recon unit engage this Battle hex through the 'german' Hexside in the next player turn, can we say that the Germans are 'surrounded' and unsupplied? (no friendly hexsides, because british recon immediately 'changed control' of the hexside). Am I right?

c)

During turn option selection, can I play Dummy Supply Card pretending it's a 'basic' turn type? Does it count as a 'pass'? (in fact - i'm not moving)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
DaRealOdi wrote:
11.4 "However, after resolving the Rout, Active Player may still have units qualified to move (as part of Group or Regrouping Moves already underway) ut as yet unmoved. These units are then moved to complete the Move(s) including through the hex jut Attacked (and now vacated of enemy units)"
So, I want to perform a Regroup move with 4 units. I have designated the Command Point and the Destination hex. To get,to the Destination hex, my forces have to go through the hex with an enemy disrupted units (first question: Can I designate the Dest-hex BEHIND disrupted unit?) My first three units rout the disrupted unit and stop. Second question: Does the fourth unit can overrun, pass through my three units, and go to the Destination Hex? Or maybe all the units participating in Regroup Move, have to end their move in the same hex?

I think the idea is that you nominate a destination hex, then move the units there one at a time. So your four units could each have an opportunity to overrun the enemy. Units that overrun have to stop where they are, so your four units won't end up in the same hex.

And yes, you can designate any hex in movement range as the destination.

DaRealOdi wrote:
12.5 "Supply lines into battle hexes must pass through Friendly Battle Hexsides.Battle Hexsides are friendly to the side that last engaged across them, and control changes instantly" - Ok, so lets imagine a situation like that:
British forces were attacked by two german units through ONE hexside.The Battle hasn't been resolved yet - there is the Battlehex now. So, the german supply line pass through the Hexside, they were coming into the Battlehex. But,if the british recon unit engage this Battle hex through the 'german' Hexside in the next player turn, can we say that the Germans are 'surrounded' and unsupplied? (no friendly hexsides, because british recon immediately 'changed control' of the hexside). Am I right?

Yes, I think so. But see the raider rules also: it depends on whether the recon unit is supplied at the time.

DaRealOdi wrote:
During turn option selection, can I play Dummy Supply Card pretending it's a 'basic' turn type? Does it count as a 'pass'? (in fact - i'm not moving)

No, I think you just say you're passing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaRealOdi wrote:
11.4 "However, after resolving the Rout, Active Player may still have units qualified to move (as part of Group or Regrouping Moves already underway) but as yet unmoved. These units are then moved to complete the Move(s) including through the hex jut Attacked (and now vacated of enemy units)"

Sorry - a year-late response.

I'm not sure that designating a regroup target hex behind (and through) an overrun hex is legal, because of sections 11.4 and 5.2:

11.4 states that units in an overrun must stop in the hex with the disrupted (overrun) units, and can move no further that turn.

5.2 states that a unit cannot move at all in a regroup move if it can't reach the destination hex. (in your example, this is the hex behind and through the overrun hex)

My guess is that the "other group/regroup units can now move through the overrun hex" rule refers to one of the following situations:

It's a Basic turn, and a group move has been used to cause an overrun; other remaining units in the group move can now move through the overrun hex.

It's an Offensive turn, and a group move has been used to cause an overrun; other remaining units in the group move - and/or units that are part of a new regroup move - can now move through the overrun hex.

It's an Offensive turn, and a regroup move has been used to cause an overrun; units in a second regroup or group move can now move through the overrun hex.

[Keep in mind that all "moves" are simultaneous, even in a double-move Offensive turn.]

I'm happy to hear an official response, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I eventually found the answer in an earlier rules thread.

Regrouping units must target and end their move in the about-to-be-overrun hex. However, units in a second regroup move during an Offensive turn may, of course, move through the previously overrun hex.

(I believe that my earlier responses about Basic and Offensive moves and overruns are correct.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.