Thumb up
1 Posts

Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot: RED Booster» Forums » Reviews

Subject: User Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Game: Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot: Red Deck*

*Disclaimer: I’m going to assume that if you are reading this you already know how to play Killer Bunnies. Therefore, I will only review the Red Deck and the major changes it makes to the Game.

1. Rooney’s Weapons Emporium.
The Weapons Emporium allows you to do two things. First you can buy defense cards and second you can buy used weapons. Weapons cost the weapon's strength value. The rules tell you to create a separate discard pile for weapons, but I find it better to include the discarded weapons in the normal discard pile. This makes it easier to shuffle the cards at the beginning of the game. Otherwise Rooney’s is very similar to Kaballa’s Market.

2. Defense Cards.
These are a great way to keep those bunnies alive. There are a number of defense cards ranging from 1 to 12 (half are available in the Red Deck, the other half come in the Purple deck). You can use them singly or in combination to block weapons of equal or lesser strength, but you don’t get change back for any excess defense. They are similar to water and cabbage in that they come in a deck of smaller cards and are discarded from the game once used.

3. Red Bunnies.
Red bunnies come in the normal flavors (Congenial, Gleeful, Lumbering, Sinister, and Timid). Red bunnies act like normal bunnies except that they have special powers. For example, the Timid Bunny can re-roll dice, and the Gleeful Bunny can spend 3 dolla every turn. These bunnies become highly sought after and wear huge targets on their heads.

Also there is a holographic bunny which is very hard to kill, but not a real bunny for game winning purposes. If you read the information on the Killer Bunnies website, they count the holographic bunny as a red bunny.

Those are the main additions to the game. All of them are great additions in my opinion, though in our group people don’t waste a lot of money bringing back used weapons, there’s just too much other good stuff to spend money on.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.