BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: New Game! - The Million Dollar Challenge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian a
United States
flag msg tools
www.thehalllight.com

I bought this game and thought it was fun. The first one to successfully acquire $1,000,000 in trading profits wins.

Great for kids, avid traders, or anyone that wants to learn a little bit about the commodity market.

Check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This could get ugly.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
lokides wrote:
This could get ugly.....

Well, I'll try to make this as pretty as I can...

Since you seem to have just registered for the express purpose of making people aware of this game, it's hard not to assume that you're affiliated with the company making this game in some way. My most sincere apologies if you're not, but people with 0-day old new user badges proclaiming a new game are inherently suspicious. The fact that the game's site mentions that MarketiQ has been hired to do "internet advertising" only reinforces my suspicions

Many game designers and publishers maintain a strong presence here on BGG, and they are greatly appreciated by the community for their active participation. If you'd like to market to this community, please make an account that states your affiliation up front, and use the "press releases" forum to post announcements such as this. Honest, up front communications are welcome - sock puppets proclaiming neutral interest are not

I've already taken the liberty of submitting your game to be added to the BGG database, which will create a forum dedicated to your game. If you'd like to see that forum populated, I suggest you submit images of your game, and possibly even send review copies to notable BGG reviewers such as Tom Vasel
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb

or Scott Nicholson

Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap! I thought I'd get the chance to design a new game and earn $1,000,000 for my efforts!

I had the idea already forming in my mind... A game where you need to match images of breasts... pure brilliance, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneSteeler wrote:
Crap! I thought I'd get the chance to design a new game and earn $1,000,000 for my efforts!

I had the idea already forming in my mind... A game where you need to match images of breasts... pure brilliance, eh?

It's been done. *My* brilliant idea was to base my game on the new digital economy. Spam as many sites with your half-assed Monopoly knock-off and see how many you can sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:

Nick, it was nice of you to explain all of that out.

But you're assuming that the user is going to come back to this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, a modern Monopoly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
toku42 wrote:

Nick, it was nice of you to explain all of that out.

But you're assuming that the user is going to come back to this site.

Well, you never know. I should really just keep a form letter in a txt file somewhere for these folks, as I do feel pretty silly for spending more time giving a spammer advice than he actually spent spamming us.

At least I should net a couple of for submitting the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian a
United States
flag msg tools
Contrary to your belief, I'm not a spammer and I'm not affiliated directly with this company. I appreciate your feedback and believe in following the rules. If you are the moderator and want to take down the post, then feel free, but please direct me to your specific rules for posting a new game to the forum/site and I would be glad to submit any relevant details that you require.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, fair enough. My apologies.

You say you're not "directly affiliated" with the company. Are you affiliated with MarketiQ? It's fine if you are, as long as you're upfront about your relationship. Again, the only important thing is full disclosure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.