United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well - this kinda worked once before:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/159058

Like the last time I posted this - circumstances in my life have caused me to ask for the "Recent Additions" to list a little more than it currently does. Currently, Recent Additions lists the last 3 weeks of data.

I normally go through and check things about a week after it's posted (to see comments & follow-ups, etc.). I'm actually going to be on vacation for about 2 weeks without Internet access. It would be incredibly helpful (and, very stress-relieving) if the Recent Additions were extended to - say - 30 days (as compared to the current 21 days).

I've sent a few emails to Aldie already -- but I understand he's working on RPG Geek. On the positive side - the last time I made this request (from 1 week to 3 weeks) it was done in less than a day.

So - if anyone can help me expedite this process - yep - you're gonna get 20gg, enough for a microbadge and 5gg left over.

I leave for vacation on Friday

Thanks!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. I'll only do it for 100gg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this happens for you, whoever tries to take credit for it is lying to you. It was me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - sorry guys...I need a *little* more proof than that!

For example - actually having the Recent Additions changed to the 4 weeks/30 days would be a great start towards convincing me! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never please some people no matter how hard you try...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to every game and/or forum that you care about and look for this symbol.

Click on that to get the RSS feed for the game, forum, etc. Plug that URL into a feed reader. There are dozens of free readers out there, including a very good web-based one from Google.

Come back after your break and load up the reader. You'll get a reverse chronological list of everything that changed or was posted to the games you entered.

If you want more of a firehose approach, go to this page and sign up for some of those feeds too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would work if I'd had an aggregator 3 years ago -- but, I track every game I own and many that I want -- in all, there's nearly 1500 games I track.

That's a lot of RSS feeds to collect.

The Recent Additions page basically *is* an aggregator, built into the site...it's a far more efficient way for me to manage the information.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Couldn't you just set up an RSS reader to get all the updates for you & store them until you're ready to read them?

You could even use an online one like google reader, http://www.google.com/reader, so you wouldn't need to leave a computer on & you could check it from anywhere with internet access.

Seems like the most efficient solution as it doesn't require the admins to screw with the functionality of the site for a temp solution to one user's temp problem. Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Looks like I was a touch too slow on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
That would work if I'd had an aggregator 3 years ago -- but, I track every game I own and many that I want -- in all, there's nearly 1500 games I track.

That's a lot of RSS feeds to collect.

Whoa. Firehose indeed. That's a ton of data to track.

If you think that it would be useful to you, I'd be happy to generate an OPML file of your entire collection. You could use that as a bulk import into Google Reader, and then not have to go through the horror of doing cut-and-paste on every game link.

It'd take me about 10 minutes, and I'd have to email it to you, because we're probably looking at ~250 KB worth of data for that file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see what happens - I had a quick conversation with Aldie via Facebook, and he indicated he didn't think it would be a big deal. The functionality is already there - it just needs to be upped from 21 days to 30.

I don't really use Google Reader - I use Website Watcher as an aggregator -- nevertheless, I could use Google Reader for the weeks while I'm gone, I suppose, just to offset the info I'd lose otherwise.

I may take you up on this -- let's see if I need to

Thanks!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Let's see what happens - I had a quick conversation with Aldie via Facebook, and he indicated he didn't think it would be a big deal. The functionality is already there - it just needs to be upped from 21 days to 30.

I don't really use Google Reader - I use Website Watcher as an aggregator -- nevertheless, I could use Google Reader for the weeks while I'm gone, I suppose, just to offset the info I'd lose otherwise.

I may take you up on this -- let's see if I need to

Sure. Just send me a GM. Ironically, I probably won't be following this thread much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.