Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Diamant» Forums » Rules

Subject: questions on rule for "diamant" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hua
msg tools
sorry to post it here, but there seemed to be a few people on diamant rule section. I will be having a game gathering tonight. so need to get the rule straight.

I know diamant is for 3+ players game, but i tried it last night with my galfriend. I found the game finished very quick. There are 30 cards in total, and half of them are hazard cards, once you got 2 hazard cards on the map, the round is over. It was very quick to draw 2 hazard cards, a lot times, there are 2 hazards card in every 3 cards we draw..so the game finished damn quick for all rounds.

Is the game supposed to be like that or i missed sth?

Thanks in advance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

The round ends when you draw 2 of the same hazard card. So if you draw snake on the first card, then gas with the second card, you keep going until you draw one of them again (or draw a different hazard twice).

Was that the problem?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Rostok said, two hazards don't end the cave. Two *MATCHING* hazards end the cave.

And you should post in the Diamant section. Not many people are there, but those of us who play Diamant mostly have "Notify me of content", so as soon as you post there we all get geekmails telling us about your article. That way you get an answer, but people who don't play Diamant don't see your post.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rostok wrote:

The round ends when you draw 2 of the same hazard card. So if you draw snake on the first card, then gas with the second card, you keep going until you draw one of them again (or draw a different hazard twice).

Andrew is correct. You should also note that there are only three of each hazard and if a round ends with two matching hazards being draw, you remove one of them from the game, making it less likely (but not impossible) that the same hazard will end another expedition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Levy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with the other earlier posters as to the correct ruling.

We've experienced the same thing even when applying the rule correctly - some games are over in 2 minutes because the matching cards are drawn right away. That's what really makes this game hit-or-miss. Some games are just as described above, while others provide longer, more exciting forays into the depths of the ruins.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hua
msg tools
wmshub wrote:
As Rostok said, two hazards don't end the cave. Two *MATCHING* hazards end the cave.

And you should post in the Diamant section. Not many people are there, but those of us who play Diamant mostly have "Notify me of content", so as soon as you post there we all get geekmails telling us about your article. That way you get an answer, but people who don't play Diamant don't see your post.


didn't know tat . thanks for your help

so if i draw 4 different hazard cards, the game still going on until another one match one of those 4 appear?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chris8394 wrote:
wmshub wrote:
As Rostok said, two hazards don't end the cave. Two *MATCHING* hazards end the cave.

And you should post in the Diamant section. Not many people are there, but those of us who play Diamant mostly have "Notify me of content", so as soon as you post there we all get geekmails telling us about your article. That way you get an answer, but people who don't play Diamant don't see your post.


didn't know tat . thanks for your help

so if i draw 4 different hazard cards, the game still going on until another one match one of those 4 appear?


Yes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.