Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have Conquest of the Empire, but I have the opportunity to pick up Attack! in a trade. On the surface, other than the difference in eras the two games seem rather similar. Is there anyone who has played both that could tell me if the two are worth owning for anything more than a change in setting?

(cross posted in the Conquest of the Empire thread)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attack! really needs Attack! Expansion. Attack! + Attack! Expansion is very different from Conquest of the Empire.

However, the expansion is pretty difficult to find, but Attack! Deluxe Expansion has both together... the way they really need to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really prefer CotE more. Attack! and the much needed expansion are fun a few times, but if someone were to pull out both games and want to know who wants to play I'd pick CotE every time despite the fact that I've played Conquest much more. Dust is very similar to Attack and imho is a much better game. I'd pick that first, but still wouldn't pick it before CotE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal B
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for opening this topic, Miguel - I'm in the same situation just now Have you already solved it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, the dilemma was solved for me. The gentleman that offered me the trade lost his job and stopped coming to my town for work.

I was leaning towards declining the offer anyway. Attack! is not really my type of game, but I was thinking it would be fun to play with my boys. In the end, i've got other games I'll use for that. It's hard to justify storing that huge box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.